What's new

Translation help?

Tachion

後輩
8 Sep 2004
Can anyone help me with this translation?

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but...

I'm ordering something from a website that's in Japanese only and I've got most of what it says figured out, except for a few things. Mostly, I don't know what "ふりがな" and "送り先住所" say. I think they are asking for the billing and shipping addresses, but I am confused since they only provide one line for both (and, since I'm shipping it to the US, it's just akward seeing as our addresses take up multiple lines). I already checked if they ship internationally, and they do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ふりがな = Furigana = The kana they put beside Kanji for the sake of people who cannot read Kanji.

送り先住所 = I have no idea. I can't read alot of Kanji, so it looks like in this instance I am in need of ふりがな.. Heh. I'll let someone else help you with that.

I'm ordering something from a website that's in Japanese only and I've got most of what it says figured out, except for a few things. Mostly, I don't know what "ふりがな" and "送り先住所" say. I think they are asking for the billing and shipping addresses, but I am confused since they only provide one line for both (and, since I'm shipping it to the US, it's just akward seeing as our addresses take up multiple lines). I already checked if they ship internationally, and they do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Konnichiwa Tachion-san!

I'm ordering something from a website that's in Japanese only and I've got most of what it says figured out, except for a few things. Mostly, I don't know what "ふりがな" and "送り先住所" say.

"ふりがな" is the reading of a Chinese character(name and addressee). Chinese character has some pronunciations(a way of reading) and Japanese people write "ふりがな" to let know correct pronunciation. I think you don't have to write "ふりがな".

"送り先住所" is the destination. "住所" is a addressee and means your home. But "送り先住所" is a addressee where you want to receive a goods. And you should write your addressee if you want to receive at your home.

NANGI

Alright, thanks a lot.

So you don't think I need to worry about filling in the "ふりがな" field on the order form?

Mostly, I don't know what "ふりがな" and "送り先住所"

Furigana and "okurisaki jyuusyou" which is the Address of the place you're sending it to.

The furigana part is because the reading of a kanji or kanji compound is not always apparent. In fact, it can be different in different areas, especially for place names. And for the names of people, there can be different readings as well. As you may guess, this can make it hard to accurately place the information in a searchable database, even in the database is old-fashioned paper.

Some examples:

You can read that "higashi" or "azuma"

新宿
You can read that "shinjuku" or "shinshuku"

Back
Top Bottom