What's new

Translation help Military paybook

alvaro

Kouhai
7 Nov 2017
Hi people.

I have recently bought a military paybook from japan. I am trying to translate it, but sometime it is quite difficult because there are some kanji that I can not locate.
Could anyone help me?

I have marked a kanji that I have not located and a sentence.

The sentence could be:

七月三日ョリ同月十三日近孟池川南側地區滅戰参加

Thanks in advance.

thumbnail101.jpg

Hi.

Sorry, I had not read it. I have been very busy and I had not noticed your answer.
Thank you very much because I had not yet been able to identify the first kanji in my previous post.
They are part of an old military diary. I think they are batles and locations in which the guy took part.

Here that I have found out:
1 涿県保字 Zhuozhou (涿州)( タク州市)

2 で字ろ字廾北

3 湖東会戦 Higashi battle next to the Tai lake(太湖)

4 南京追撃戦 Nanjing

5 杭州シよ Hangzhou

6 ギしにハるメ言備

7 層口街

8 徳安 De'an County(徳安縣城)( Jiujiang City jurisdiction in Jiangxi)

9 修水河守備 Xiushui River (in Jiangxi,)

10 修水波汗戦

11 襄東会戦 suixian - zaoyang

4.jpg

I have forgotten it. In the page on the right you can see handwritten an old song called "The manchurian girl".
Thank you again.
Regards.

Sorry, I had not read it. I have been very busy and I had not noticed your answer.
Then it's useless to answer your request after all. I told you that the illegible kanji could be read if you provided the context, but you even didn't notice it. Now I doubt whether you really wanted to read it. Sigh...

Anyway, the kanji in the circle is 作, and the correct sentence is 七月三日リ同月十三日縣滹池川南側地區滅戰参加 in your initial post. Hope you notice my reply this time...

Hi.
Thank you very much for your help.
I would like to apologize you again. I have been very busy and I had forgotten my previous post.
Your help is welcome, and thanks again for your help and fast response.

I am trying to translate it on my own, but as I do not know japanese sometime is rather difficult, but enjoyable.
If you are interested in looking at the full document, I would show you delighted.

Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Judging from your transcriptions, and you yourself mentioned that you don't know Japanese in another thread, it seems to me that it's almost impossible to read those books by yourself...
As for your picture about another thread, you should post it there, not here.

Translating something from a language you don't know written in characters you can't recognize and handwriting you can't decipher....

You trying to keep your mind occupied during a prison sentence or something?

Yes. You are right. It is quite complicated but you learn it little by little, and you can use online translators that help you a bit. They are not perfect of course, but sometimes they give you a slight idea about what is written.

On the other hand, I am going to put all the information of the other thread in its correct place.
Thank you.
Best regards.

Hi people.

To complete the informatión I have to say that this guy died on june 24, 1942.
昭和十七年六月二十四日戰死.
I think he was promoted to army corporal after his dead and I think the causes of his death are explained as well. I am unable to translate it so I anyone could provide more data I would be grateful.

thumbnail866.jpg
Thanks in advance.

He died by a gunshot wound grazing the parietal surface in a battle near at a highland on the south of 山西省壷関縣五里溝.

Back
Top Bottom