What's new

TiTech IGP Questions

@mangocake
Not yet, i had my interview last wednesday. You and i seem to be applying for the same program, what major did you choose?

In other news my interview went pretty well.

The department is transdisciplinary science and engineering, what is yours?

My professor just mailed me yesterday, he said that the discussion for selecting final candidate will be on next week. Well best of luck for us!

Welp, i have been notified by my professor that i was selected as a alternate candidate. Will have to wait till march for a decision, however the outlook is not good.

Time for plan B it seems.

Hi @John Doe, when were you contacted by you adviser? Did he mention the number of university-recommended scholars for MEXT that they will be accepting? Also, did he mention when will the partial results be released before March?

I don't have any news yet from my adviser or from the university. I am pretty nervous right now since I don't have a backup plan. Thank you very much.

Hi @John Doe, when were you contacted by you adviser? Did he mention the number of university-recommended scholars for MEXT that they will be accepting? Also, did he mention when will the partial results be released before March?

I don't have any news yet from my adviser or from the university. I am pretty nervous right now since I don't have a backup plan. Thank you very much.

I also haven't got any news from my professor, but since i'm on the same program with @John Doe it seems my future is dark.

@toogie
He sent me an e-mail yesterday, as for the number of scholarships im not sure since this year TiTech has 3 priority graduate programs (PGP), which are supposedly allocated extra scholarships. The program i and @mangocake applied to is a PGP program.

Hopefully a grantee or two will decline the offer and i will get the scholarship, but im not counting on that.

@toogie
He sent me an e-mail yesterday, as for the number of scholarships im not sure since this year TiTech has 3 priority graduate programs (PGP), which are supposedly allocated extra scholarships. The program i and @mangocake applied to is a PGP program.

Hopefully a grantee or two will decline the offer and i will get the scholarship, but im not counting on that.

I did not know that there are 3 PGP for this year. May I know what programs are included in PGP? I am applying for the SSMCT Program in the Department of Material Science and Engineering.

@John Doe

Thank you for the list, John Doe. I saw my country and the program I am applying for. I just saw this list. We still don't know how many slots are to be filled. I hope we still get favorable results soon.

Same here. Don't have any courage to ask.

As far as I know, they will still inform us even if its a bad news.

Let's hope for the best!

@mangocake may I know if you are still studying now?

Undergraduate?

Yes, @mangocake , lets just keep each other posted. 🙂:

Hi toogie, i asked my professor and got his reply. He told me that i pass the department screening, however the official result will be on late march. After the department screening there will be several step until the official result on late march.

I am actually not sure about this. Do you get any news?

Pretty much the same. But the last time I spoke to him was the day after my interview, Dec 27. He told me that I passed the interview and my application will be forwarded to the jniversity for further screening. And he also told me that the results will be announced on March. So i think the results will be out on March.

You know I saw some blog posti before but I forgot the blog, its about someone who was admitted to the IGPA at TiTech with MEXT scholarship. He posted a screen cap of the email that he received. It says about confirming his slot. I vaguely remember other details though.

Pretty much the same. But the last time I spoke to him was the day after my interview, Dec 27. He told me that I passed the interview and my application will be forwarded to the jniversity for further screening. And he also told me that the results will be announced on March. So i think the results will be out on March.

You know I saw some blog posti before but I forgot the blog, its about someone who was admitted to the IGPA at TiTech with MEXT scholarship. He posted a screen cap of the email that he received. It says about confirming his slot. I vaguely remember other details though.

Well i guess then we can only wait until march. If i get any other news from my professor i will let you know.

Hey guys,
I also applied for the IGPA SSSE Program. Just now I just received an email from my professor that I am on the list of candidates. Your emails may be just around the corner too!

Hey guys,
I also applied for the IGPA SSSE Program. Just now I just received an email from my professor that I am on the list of candidates. Your emails may be just around the corner too!

Wow congratulation! Do you still have to wait until march?

Wow congratulation! Do you still have to wait until march?
In the email it said "Upon receipt of your confirmation email, Tokyo Tech will officially recommend you for the MEXT Scholarship." so I assume the procedures will start soon.

Great news, people. I have been upgraded to main candidate.

Did they also ask you to fill out the new MEXT forms for 2018?

Back
Top Bottom