What's new

TiTech IGP Questions

@John Doe whats your GPA, if I may ask? Because mine isn't brilliant either lol but I think with luck I can make it. :)

I just mailed my documents to the admissions office, cost nearly 50 bucks via DHL. Should reach within this week.

@SaitKraken , Its 3.6. I really ****** up on my second year but kinda made up for it in later years.
I nearly spit my drink over my keyboard...3.6 is BAD!?!

I guess it matters a little what kind of grading your school has. Mine makes it quite hard to crack 3.5. Mine is actually nearer to 3.0 so yeahhhh. Hopefully I can secure the admission, I'm not extremely optimistic about the scholarship but I guess I could pay the fees too.

I suppose we'l have an interview in a few weeks then know for sure.

Fingers crossed.

@SaitKraken , there are people in my generation with near 4.0 gpa. I say its low because i assume im competing againts monsters. Hopefully that will not be the case.

@toogie , a day or two after they arrived they sent me an e-mail to inform me that the documents were received and that there were no errors on any of them.

Just got mine. Whew. I think we'll just have to wait for the final interview. Goodluck to us. I we all get in :)

Hi guys, when is your interview date?

Hi! I don't have a schedule yet. According to the admissions office, I will receive a notification from my intended adviser and from the department i am applying.

Which program are you applying? :)

Hi! I don't have a schedule yet. According to the admissions office, I will receive a notification from my intended adviser and from the department i am applying.

Which program are you applying? 🙂:
Mine is global engineering program for inclusive society and sustainable environment. What is yours?

Mine is global engineering program for inclusive society and sustainable environment. What is yours?

Im applying for the program at the department of materials science technology. I forgot the name, but the program has a very long name. Hehe do you have a schedule for the interview already?

Im applying for the program at the department of materials science technology. I forgot the name, but the program has a very long name. Hehe do you have a schedule for the interview already?

Yes i got schedule already, so nervous :emoji_pensive::emoji_pensive:

So, guys, I had my interview a few days ago. It was surprisingly thorough with plenty of questions.

I was nervous so fudged it up a little and wasn't able to elaborate on some questions for which I already knew the answers (came back to me after the interview lol). But, I did get some questions right so I'm hopeful.

I guess nothing to do now except wait till Feb/March...

So, guys, I had my interview a few days ago. It was surprisingly thorough with plenty of questions.

I was nervous so fudged it up a little and wasn't able to elaborate on some questions for which I already knew the answers (came back to me after the interview lol). But, I did get some questions right so I'm hopeful.

I guess nothing to do now except wait till Feb/March...
Good job! What was it like? How many people asked you during your interview? Ill have mine tomorrow. Hoho and i am nervous as hell. Haha

Hi guys! Happy new year. How is everyone doing? Do you have any news for the initial results of our application? Thanks!

Hey guys. I received my acceptance from Tokyo Tech for the MEXT scholarship last week. Baring a major change of plans, I should be starting this October. :)

Good luck to you guys too!

Hey guys. I received my acceptance from Tokyo Tech for the MEXT scholarship last week. Baring a major change of plans, I should be starting this October. 🙂:

Wow! That's great news. Congrats!! I dont have any news from TiTech yet. Huhuhu

Hey guys. I received my acceptance from Tokyo Tech for the MEXT scholarship last week. Baring a major change of plans, I should be starting this October. 🙂:

Glad to hear that, for those of us who are applying for the ISSEP program the interviews are on this month, mine is tomorrow.

Hopefully i will get good news.

@toogie

Apparently this interview is the last one, the first one i had was with my professor only.

In your case, did they dig in too dep into your proposal? Or what kind of questions were you asked?

@toogie

Apparently this interview is the last one, the first one i had was with my professor only.

In your case, did they dig in too dep into your proposal? Or what kind of questions were you asked?

Ohh I see. In my case, I had 2 interviews in total. The first one was very informal and was more like a "get to know" the lab and the prospective supervisor. This happened last october. The formal interview via skype was in front of a panel of interviewers. This happened last December. After the interview, he just told me that I passed the "department level" of screening and was forwarded to the university for further deliberation.

For the interview, I just discussed the research plan that I proposed. It was not really that deep. But when the interviewers asked some questions, my answers covered and explained the research thoroughly.

@mangocake
Not yet, i had my interview last wednesday. You and i seem to be applying for the same program, what major did you choose?

In other news my interview went pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom