What's new

TiTech IGP Questions

Buntaro

運動不足
Reaction score
What are some of the typical research topics in this program?

yellowpika

後輩
Reaction score
Anyone here who applied for Titech's IGP (A) Program?
(Initially wanted to apply for this program, but was suggested by my advisor to apply for the MEXT research student program instead, due to this program being very competitive)

What are some of the typical research topics in this program?
Er.. the research topics depend on the department and supervisor that you choose?

Like for example, if you're applying for School of Computing, there will be research topics in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, etc.

Nhat Luong

Registered
Reaction score
I applied and I've already sent them the full documents. My department is Systems and Control Engineering. What's yours?

yellowpika

後輩
Reaction score
I applied and I've already sent them the full documents. My department is Systems and Control Engineering. What's yours?
Sorry for the late reply!

It's a long story, but I actually ended up applying for the Tokyo Tech-University Recommended MEXT Scholarship for Research Students Program..
(Submitted the documents via email around 2 weeks ago and I just attended the Skype interview for it today.. hopefully they are satisfied with my answers though😅 )

Long story: I did tell my advisor that I wanted to apply for the IGP (A) Program when I contacted him in the first email (around early September), from then we corresponded and I revised my proposal around 4-5 times based on his feedback. Around October, he gave me his last feedback and told me I could finalize my proposal already. After that he went silent for around 1 month until I sent a follow-up email around early November to ask about my status. He apologized for the late reply and suggested me to apply for the Tokyo Tech-University Recommended MEXT Scholarship for Research Students Program if I don't mind as he told me that the IGP (A) Program is very competitive. And that I could apply for this program because my university is a partner university of Tokyo Tech.. so I decided to go with his suggestion instead.

I will be under the Department of Materials Science and Engineering.