What's new

Three golden kite documents belonging to the same soldier

showa tenno

Kouhai
9 Dec 2020
Hello to all dear expert friends,
I bought with a golden kite medal these three documents belonging to the same soldier. It is a diploma of 7th class golden kite (photo 1,2), the cover letter (photo 5,6,7) and what seems to me to be a pension award (photo 2,3).
The documents are dated from Showa 9 (1934) on the 29th of April. I understand that the whole is about an infantry corporal ? ? but I am unable to understand the name of the soldier, and especially for what reason the pension of 150 Yen ?? was awarded to him.
The reason for awarding the medal is not on the diploma, is it written on the cover letter? or on the allocation of pension?
Much more difficult.... on the back of the cover letter of the diploma and pension is inscribed something above a stamp... is it possible to translate ? in the main lines ! what it is about ?

Thanks for your precious help,

Regards,

Showa tenno

Attachments

• Milan d'or 3 docum. diplome (1).JPG
    Milan d'or 3 docum. diplome (1).JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Milan d'or 3 docum. diplome (2).JPG
    Milan d'or 3 docum. diplome (2).JPG
    221 KB · Views: 187
  • Milan d'or 3 docum. pension (2).JPG
    Milan d'or 3 docum. pension (2).JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Milan d'or 3 docum. pension (1).JPG
    Milan d'or 3 docum. pension (1).JPG
    380.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Milan d'or 3 docum. lettre (3).JPG
    Milan d'or 3 docum. lettre (3).JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Milan d'or 3 docum. lettre (4).JPG
    Milan d'or 3 docum. lettre (4).JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Milan d'or 3 docum. lettre (1).JPG
    Milan d'or 3 docum. lettre (1).JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 183
Hello Showa,

The documents and the awards are presented to Private First Class (in US system) TAKAHASHI Shōjirō (髙橋将次郎), whose name appears in a number of places on the documents. The Golden Kite of the 7th class comes with an automatic pension/stipend of 150 yen per year.
The award is presented for military bravery, so it is exclusive to the army and navy. The letter #3 indicates the award is for meritorious deeds during the "incidents" from 1931 to 1934, so it must be related to China/Manchuria, but it doesn't say explicitly what he did to get this honor.
The handwriting just says "Golden Kite Award Certificate", and "Registration Number 12626" (this corresponds to the number printed on the pension document)

Hello Majestic,
Thank you for your kindness, I have all the information I wanted; it's perfect !!!! thanks also for correcting the rank of the soldier, I thought it was necessary to translate corporal while it was private first class (in US system) ....and having the name of the soldier is for me "the cherry on the cake"
sincere greeting
Showa

Back
Top Bottom