What's new

The Other Night......

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
there was a blurb on the news about free worldwide phone service with your PC. I believe it was called Skype.
In this day & age there has to be a catch? Anyone used it?
Do you have to put up with a lot of ads or spam. I believe it did say you can only talk to people who belong to Skype? Anyone out there used the service?

Frank

:?

I'm using skype. no downside.. they make their money from the cards you need to buy if you want to call from the puter to a regular phone.. which is regional cvall fee or whatever you call it when you call your next door neighbour.. and that's no matter who you're calling..

If you wanna add me i'm MacWaterboy.

Hmmm...I'm currently deciding whether to get it. I hate talking to people over mics/phones/whatever. I'd need to buy a mic too. *Thinks about it*

Yeah stuff like this is nothing new. It's just like a program long ago called fireside or something.. Many people have tried to achieve free calling systems, even msn had one for quite some time. Msn turned their internet to regular phones system into a pay service. But the simple reason people can communicate on the internet so simply is because you are either using a phone line which is used for a phone to talk on so simply internet ready to be spoken on to communicate to others around the world. I don't know what the big thing about skype could be. It seems like a lot of other things i've come across. But most definitely a cheap way to communicate with people from all over the world is through the internet using a mic/speaker. if you wanna know something funny. Sometimes you can use a speaker as a microphone. Try it sometime. It usually works with older versions of speakers. Usually one speaker of two speakers does it. So 2 speakers going through a 1 wire 1 speaker can be a mic but the other useless.

It's cheap when calling to a cellphone, and it's free to call other skype members ,it's the same principle as Kazaa (P2P:peer 2 Peer) and it's good to call ppl over the world...saves me a LOT when calling someone in Japan :)

4am in the morning my computer rings...

I pick it up and on the other end is God..

He's asking me if i'm sarrah connor...
I ask him why he's bothering me and he hangs up on me.. interesting night..

i work in mysterious ways. lol.

my name is sykopath if you wish to bother me while i ramble stupid crap and act like i was in nam.

Skype me up at: Cacawate. I'm not on much now, but I will be in a month or so.

Back
Top Bottom