What's new

Other Interests

I'm slightly into art, design and dreams. I worked at a design company for some time, but now I use that for a website I'm creating for myself. In art matters, I mostly draw pictures with chalk or charcoal, which were inspired by dreams I had.

I play rugby, used to compeditively with in the Canada superleague, and for my University's Varsity team. I also trained in Japan for awhile for a professional club (not telling which one because I was not supposed to be there). I also just love reading. I guess Im lucky because I can study and work on something I love (international relations and security studies). Oh and I do art on the side as well. I paint everything and anything that suits my fancy.

There is also the matter of my friends who drag me out every weekend to go to the bars. If it wasn't for them I would have no life (or girlfriend)

Originally posted by noyhauser
I play rugby, used to compeditively with in the Canada superleague, and for my University's Varsity team. I also trained in Japan for awhile for a professional club (not telling which one because I was not supposed to be there). I also just love reading. I guess Im lucky because I can study and work on something I love (international relations and security studies). Oh and I do art on the side as well. I paint everything and anything that suits my fancy.

There is also the matter of my friends who drag me out every weekend to go to the bars. If it wasn't for them I would have no life (or girlfriend)

Which university?

Originally posted by maji
im slightly into art, design and dreams. worked at a design company for some time but now just use that for a website im creating for myself. in matters of art i mostly draw pictures with chalk or charcoal which were inspired by dreams i had.

How do you mean an interests of yours is dreams? Do you mean interpeting dreams?

Originally posted by KoranRi
I have school, so when I have time, I like talking on the phone/IM, drawing, reading, internet, roleplaying, writing stories/poetry and listening to my CDs. ^^ I have 2 cats. I love cuddling w/ them and playing w./them

While we're on the subject of names.....It's a hobby for me, but not really to find the meanings of names. When I pick out a name for an RP character or a story or something, that's what I go by. I have names in mind for when I have kids (a long way off tho I don't even have a boyfriend^^ I'm waiting until after high school),

lol, I could imagine a DnD game where a huge ogre walks in the room with a +45dagger vs evil or something like that, and he introduces himself... "Hi! I'm Dave the Ogre!"

Check this link out... funny DnD skit.

http://www.cybermoonstudios.com/8bitDandD.html

How do you mean the interests yours is dreams? Do you mean interpreting dreams?
hmmm, actually, I interpret my dreams rarely. I post them in a little dream discussion group where some people are great at that. But actually, I mean dreaming in general. In dreams, you can encounter situations that are impossible in waking life, and if you dream deep enough, you think of those situations as being real in the dream. If you dream deep enough and remember what you felt, thought, feared, and wished for in those situations, you can make experiences that can't be made in waking life. The First thing that comes to one's mind is flying, but then there are others like death and many more. It sounds weird, but it is interesting.
;)

hmmm, actually, I interpret my dreams rarely. I post them in a little dream discussion group where some people are great at that. But actually, I mean dreaming in general. In dreams, you can encounter situations that are impossible in waking life, and if you dream deep enough, you think of those situations as being real in the dream. If you dream deep enough and remember what you felt, thought, feared, and wished for in those situations, you can make experiences that can't be made in waking life. The First thing that comes to one's mind is flying, but then there are others like death and many more. It sounds weird, but it is interesting.

I suppose I can try to understand what your saying, but my dreams are usually quite monotonous, usually being the same thing. I never have nightmares... well I've had a couple in my entire life, but it was more like confusion than fear in the dream. I had one friend that claimed he dreamed in black and white all the time. I didn't quite understand how someone could do that, but ah well...

Originally posted by Erik
I suppose I can try to understand what your saying, but my dreams are usually quite monotonous, usually being the same thing. I never have nightmares... well I've had a couple in my entire life, but it was more like confusion than fear in the dream. I had one friend that claimed he dreamed in black and white all the time. I didn't quite understand how someone could do that, but ah well...

...I think that I enter a movie theatre every night, I have
_so much_ dreams, but mine are all in bright vivid colours. I see a lot of dreams that have bright water in them, in one form or another...I have had a couple of really bad nightmares too, in one my mirror image tried to kill me :(

..But hey, sorry for going a side from the actual topic :)

Originally posted by Chipi
...I think that I enter a movie theatre every night, I have
_so much_ dreams, but mine are all in bright vivid colours. I see a lot of dreams that have bright water in them, in one form or another...I have had a couple of really bad nightmares too, in one my mirror image tried to kill me :(

..But hey, sorry for going a side from the actual topic :)

too much acid before bed? =D too bad we can't share dreams... I'd want to visit people's dreams like people travel the world! Be more interesting!

Mostly listening to music (the Doves at the moment) and some occasional light hiking. There's just never enough time outside of Japanese. :(

suppose I can try to understand what your saying, but my dreams are usually quite monotonous, usually being the same thing. I never have nightmares... well, I've had a couple in my entire life, but it was more like confusion than fear in the dream. I had one friend that claimed he dreamed in black and white all the time. I didn't quite understand how someone could do that, but ah well...
I can remember what I dreamed every few nights. Once I remembered 8 dreams in a single night... and they're very detailed most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can remember what I dreamed every few nights. Once I remembered 8 dreams in a single night... and they're very detailed most of the time.

It's quite hard for anyone to recall a dream. I want to learn how to hypnotize people to have people explore their subconscious and have them talk about dreams they can't remember or explore old memories. Wonder how hard it is to learn and if it's dangerous to an individual. I heard most hypnosis forms are safe... cept there is a level of hypnosis only practised by licensed psychologists that can be dangerous.

I don't learn Japanese,but anyways.

my life:

music,listening to music and playing music,I play guitars and bass and I sing,Rock,Neo-Classical Metal,Jazz,Blues..ect.

I like looking at art stuff,such as pictures

playing basketball,I started training basketball since when I was nine,I would practice like six hours everyday,but now I kinda stopped from practicing,and I am not tall,probably little less than 5'8

I do weight trainings,and practice boxing,
I would like to learn akido or Jeet Kune Do

also I like alchohol stuff
since when I was a child,I started to like alchohol,
not obsessively though,what kind of alchohol I drink depends on the situation,but I don't drink expensive stuffs anyways since I don't have much money.

I drink alchohol just for the taste,I don't abuse it.

I enjoy walking outside at night,even midnight,either with friends or alone,I like the beautifulness of night,it is more quiet but it makes you easier to concentrate on thinking,your mind because more clear,the feeling is different than at day time.

My dreams are weird...and i can never remember them. I have a lot of nightmares....that much I know. Sometimes if I loose something...I dream that I found it so it becomes hard to remember if I actually found the item or not.
lol...dave the ogre...
someday I want to larp. that'd be fun. ^^ I haven't rped in a while...i'm going to havig withdrawls now....(lol inside joke)

School takes up most of my time...and then homework :( but when I have free time:

Internet (Web design etc.) Music (listening and recording) and movies :) and going out with friends or just watching a film with friends or something

Hmmm, other interests? Well, considering the fact that I am out of work at the moment, I haven't really had any money for my usual interests. I used to work out at the health club, travel a lot, and take English horseback riding lessons. As far as the equestrian sport, I crashed and burned financially (which is better than crashing and burning physically!) even when I was still employed. Over the years I've practiced Tai Chi, Yoga, Ballet, etc., which I still try to practice whenever I can. Also, I'm working on a book and a screenplay right now, so that's fun as well. But other than that, I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in Forums, talking to very interesting people such as everyone here! 😄

Last edited:
Well recently I'm starting to get more interest in photography, so i think that next year i will be hunting for photo's in the weekend..

i like sports, but i don't have much time for it at the moment,
My wife is also a favorite hobby 🙂
Downloading Music
Watching movie's or stupid programs on TV
walking out with my dog, when the weather is good hahahaha

Yay photography! You've reminded me I should do more of it... I took an exam in photography - the black and white sort that you develop yourself - and I got more interest again when I got my digital camera in June.... but I haven't taken any pics lately. I want it to snow so I can take some festive arty pics for the Advent Calendar thread! :p

Other interests of mine are:
drawing/painting
making things
playing guitar
playing keyboard
exercise (gym, cycling, walking)
theater (on stage and backstage)

I can be interested in more or less anything, but the theater takes up a huge load of my spare time when I'm not at work. :cry:

Hmmmmm..........my other interests.

Well I like to read books on my free time. I'm always up for doing something cultural, I love going to ballets, art galleries, and museums. Things like that( yeah, I'm boring 😌 ). I like learning about different cultures, at the moment I'm learning some things about India, Bollywood seems so fascinating.☝

And I like tasting different kinds of food. :)

That's it.:p

Kinsao said:
Yay, photography! You've reminded me I should do more of it... I took an exam in photography - the black and white sort that you develop yourself - and I got more interest again when I got my digital camera in June.... but I haven't taken any pics lately. I want it to snow so I can take some festive arty pics for the Advent Calendar thread! :p

In 1 week, my wife will bring out a new Digital camera with her, 500MB, and many options, so I will take 5MB photos. SOO HAPPY SOO HAPPY.. did you see the new commercial from Kodak?.. ill search for it... but I found this commercial:

http://www.sony.nl/view/ShowArticle.action?article=1128495804802&site=odw_nl_NL

My interests? Let's see:

1) Pink Lady

2) Vegging out in front of my 52" JVC HDTV watching movies, anime and old TV shoes on DVD

3) Listening to pop and rock music from the 60's through the 80's

4) ESPNHD, Discovery HD Theater, TNT HD (for Law & Order reruns)

5) Surfing the Internet (How else could I have found this place?)

6) American superhero comic books and Japanese manga! YAY!

7) Photography (of late). It's a neat hobby. I might buy me a digital SLR and take some really fancy pics!

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!

👍

I live for hobbies. I work part time (3 days) so I have a lot of time for my interests.

I spend the two weekdays I have making jewellery and watching DVDs. Having something good to watch on TV motivates me to get out my tools and beads - at the moment I am working my way through the complete X-Files collection. I sell my jewellery at craft fairs so that I can buy more beads and DVDs!

I spend most evenings playing console games - mainly RPGs, but I like survival horror games as well.

I read a lot - about a book a week. I like to read in bed. Simon also loves books, so we spend some time talking about what we are reading too. The other thing we like to do together (apart from the obvious! 😊) is watch sci-fi and horror TV programmes and films. We usually do that on a Saturday evening with a nice bottle of wine.

My job isn't very demanding, so I spend most of my time here on the forum, but I will pick up a book sometimes too.

Every couple of months Simon and I go to Glastonbury for the day. We visit Chalice Well peace gardens, Glastonbury Abbey, climb the Tor and look round the shops, and have lunch in a vegetarian cafe called The Blue Note.

The other thing I love is to spend time with my pets - I only have my hamster now, but I love him to bits! He's 2 years, 2 months old, so I am spending as much time with him as I can, as he isn't likely to be with us for too long now :(

My Main Forum Interest.....

for the moment is the new chat room. I love to chat with new members from around the world. I would like to see the chat room here used 24 hours a day by all the member. It is a great way to get to know a fellow member and maybe become a close lifelong friend. Once you check in and read the latest posts and hopefully post yourself; look into the chat room and see if you can find someone there and talk with them. I think it makes JREF members special, we know more about each other and become "one big happy family" not a bunch of strangers on just another forum.

Frank

🙂

Back
Top Bottom