What's new

The Japanese Educational System

ssy_88

後輩
15 Nov 2004
Hi guys, i need help....i have debate and i have to find out about the Japanese educational system....... here's our topic, i'm on the affirmative side.
"Resolve that the Philippines should pattern its educational system after that of Japan"
It's only for the Public schools and those below college??
i have to differntiate the
-school hours
-days of school
-grading systems
-curriculum
-homework
-examinations (local and international)
-textbook/supplies
-special programs
-grading (like high school stuff)

goal:To prove that the citizens will be more productive on the patterned educational system after that of Japan.

where can i find out about these stuff???? can anyone tell me how Japan school life is like??? thanks.... :) btw, cute smileys!!!!!!!!!!! 😌

i know that the school hours are from probably 8 am - 4 pm
days : mon-sat, but a lot of times, saturdays are half days, or some schools have school on saturday only 1-2 times per month.
i don't know much about what the "in school" examinations are like, i only know about the ones to get into a highschool/college. those are hell...and i'm assuming that they're huge. highschool examinations determine which highschool you go to, according to your learning strengths & weaknesses...
that's all i can really tell you. do a search for "japanese highschool curriculum" and you're bound to find out more.

Kinda late, but as nobody jumped in on this:

Japanese education is a bit of a question mark. It works for them (sort of) but I have no clue about Phillipino culture.

Anyways, the very basic breakdown is:
Primary, Middle, and High School are pretty intensive (some Saturday schools), and the Juken to get into ANY levell is hard. Some people say that your college is determined on the preschool you get in, and your job is determined by the college you graduate from. While the former may be a slight exagerration, it holds a bit of truth, and the latter holds quite a bit of truth.

The kicker about college, is that after busting your nads on the test to get in, it's all down hilll at a rapid pace. They way they see it in Japan is that your life is over once you start working, so let 'em enjoy their last 4 years of life.

The best place you can look is probably Google. With the explosion of Japanese pop culture in the west in the last decade, there's bound to be a mountain of information on this. I think what you'll find though are more details on what I've found above.

HTH
GP

Back
Top Bottom