I like:

Ikura
Negi-Hamachi hosomaki
Uni
Tuna - akami
mirugai
Tai (red snapper)

I could go on and on . . . .

yes, you are right, gimme any of these and the others, any size, any colours & shape I'll eat them all. I just love with passion. I'll even take risks and eat fugu which is supposed to be safe seeing the harsh obligations that goes along with it.

Now as far as fugu is concerned, here is a quote from unknown source :

Fugu? What's a fugu, you may be asking. Fugu is the Japanese term for the poisionous blowfish, a peculiar fish native to the Pacific Ocean. Considered a delicacy in Japan and the Philippines, the blowfish (scientific name Diodon holacanthus), an unattractive fish that boasts the ability to inflate its body and project protective spikes, contains signifigant amounts of tetrodotoxin, a powerful toxin that will shut down your CNS faster than an all-day Charmed marathon. The lethal dose of tetradotoxin for a full-grown man would fit on a pinhead. Tetrodotoxin is 1200 times deadlier than cyanide, and one blowfish contains enough poison to kill 30 people. It is said the blowfish inspired Deuteronomy 14:9-10 which states "These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat: And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you"

But that might well be over soon :
as per an article edited in a french newspaper (Libテゥration of 14th May 2004)

The professor Tamao Noguchi of the Nagasaki University has found a way to "produce" or rather breed and bring up a new race of identical fugu that will not produce the mortal tetrodotoxine. For 3 years the Prof. and his team have "raised" 4'800 fugus in special cages situated 10 meters ABOVE THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA.

The idea was to check/demonstrate/prove that the fugu does NOT naturally produce himself the poison, but rather "manufacture" the substance with the intoxicated and polluted crabs, seashells and other species that he eats and then transform in poison.

So Prof. Noguchi fed the fugus with non contaminated fishes and seafood.

The results : absolutely no one of the fugus had "produced" the lethal poison.

vive la vie & les sushis !!!

My favoirt is Tako-Tako-Tako-Tako-Tako

Tako has a very nice tast, no other sushi makes me feal good as tako does.

Maguro comes second on my list. Normaly when I eat Sushi thies are the only two that I get.

neko_girl22 said:
I love temakizushi ;)
One of the reasons why people outside Japan like temakizushi over other styles are, that vast majority of the thousands of self-claimed non-Japanese "sushi chefs" have had no decade-long formal training, having never traveled to Japan to experience real stuff either.

Those "chefs" are the ones serving cubed raw tuna as "sashimi" and their rolls always covered with excess sesame seeds, not to mention that their nigiri with way too much amount of rice pressed too tight in their hands.

On the other hand they are unable to make ingredients taste worse in temaki, just fish and vinegared rice rolled lightly in nori, that is why it tastes good.

ss002-1.jpg

related post

Is it true that you can die if a blow fish is cut wrong thats Fugu right?

Man i'm a vege but i gotta admit those green rolled cone things in that pic sure looks tasty

Not sure what the names of the sushi are but I have had sushi before(mostly store bought)
1 box had Shrimp and sweet tasting rice sushi and also Imatation crab,rice,sesame seeds,poppyseeds and mayo sushi

the other was Eel,seaweed,avacado and rice and the poppy and sesame seeds

yoz, i like temakizushi a lot, coz i can have a lot of creativity, basically i can add anything that i wanted inside, cucumbers and blah blah blah...samon inigiri is also very nice too ^^

I love all types equally!
They are toooooooooo tasty to choose :(

I wish I had some tuna sashimi right now though. (I haven't eaten it for a while, not had time to make it.)

usually sashimi in the US isn't very good, so i usually get sushi at japanese restaurants here. but i usually prefer sashimi
my favorite sashimi : Toro, saba, sake
my least favorite TAKO :devilish:

You guys are making me so hungry! 😌

I haven't had sashimi for a while for a while since what I order most of the time at japanese restaurants here are sushi varieties. I love sushi. I love them so much that one day, I ate too much and had stomach cramps the whole day. :( I can still remember the pain. I reminded myself not to eat too much though I love the food.

kujira, fugu, ikura, unagi, amaebi, and torosamon are my favorites, then my local restaurant have a special that I relay love its rice with ikura on the top and a piece of torosamon raped around it

You guys are making me so hungry! 😌
I haven't had sashimi for a while for a while since what I order most of the time at japanese restaurants here are sushi varieties. I love sushi. I love them so much that one day, I ate too much and had stomach cramps the whole day. :( I can still remember the pain. I reminded myself not to eat too much though I love the food.

I feel starving now even if I just have my lunch.
I prefer sushi, especially the unagi sushi roll!

Back
Top Bottom