What's new

Sushi!!

George L.

後輩
9 Jan 2004
Whats your favorite type of sushi? What about your least favorite? Do you like sushi, nigiri, or sashimi?

Me personally I love salmon and tuna sashimi...I am not a fan of the sushi rolls...at least the ones made in the US...I would rather eat just the fish and have my rice and seaweed seperate. :p

What about everyone else?

I love temakizushi ;) I too love raw salmon and tuna! Actually I love all sushi, but still find it hard to eat nigiri sushi in one bite hehe

lol there is no way I could ever eat a piece of nigiri in one bite! lol I would choke and die :D

What is temakizushi? Perhaps I know what it is just don't know the term?

Originally posted by George L.
lol there is no way I could ever eat a piece of nigiri in one bite! lol I would choke and die :D

What is temakizushi? Perhaps I know what it is just don't know the term?

My hubby eats it in one bite generally!! :eek:

Temakizushi is kind of self service sushi at home. Normally cut up pieces of nori, a bowl of rice and a plate of various fillings - egg roll thinly sliced, cucumber, ikura and raw fish etc. We then pick up a piece of square nori, add rice and fillings of our choice! Fun! *drool*

Here is a picture of temakizushi I found ;)

Attachments

• temaki_sushi.jpg
    temaki_sushi.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 214
oooo sounds sooo good! You just made me hungry! haha I wonder if there is a way to get something like that in the US...hmm I will have to look into it! Thanks!

ooo I just saw the picture...I think I have seen this in some restaurants, but never ordered...it never looked that good! I will have to try it now!

:D

I'm sure you could find the necessary ingredients in the US. I could easily make it in NZ, and we're a tiny country with not many Asian stores. Of course, finding raw fish was a bit difficult. In some of the big cities it was possible, but in my small town I used smoked salmon or even *gasp* tuna, and sometimes just vegetarian. All smothered in mayonaise of course -yum!!! Basically all you need is nori sheets and sushi vinegar and them improvise the rest!! gambatte ne-! ;)

Thanks! I will have to give it a try...A Japanese foreign exchange student that stayed w/ me last year is coming down next month, so maybe I can have her show me the best way to fix it!

:) 🙂

I like:

Ikura
Negi-Hamachi hosomaki
Uni
Tuna - akami
mirugai
Tai (red snapper)

I could go on and on . . . .

Originally posted by George L.
Whats your favorite type of sushi? What about your least favorite? Do you like sushi, nigiri, or sashimi?

Me personally I love salmon and tuna sashimi...I am not a fan of the sushi rolls...at least the ones made in the US...I would rather eat just the fish and have my rice and seaweed seperate. :p

What about everyone else?

With you all the way dude! Big sashimi fan, the 'hand sushi' is the way to prepare it.. The pic above is allredy assembled like you'd find in a resaurant in UK. However it's much more fun eaten with your friends in a very similar fashion to fajitas I might note!

I am very fortunate to have a chef friend from Bristol's sushimi restaurant. We get some very special treatment when all this fresh fish doesn't get sold, she comes round and we have some amazing sushi and sushimi meals. Also bring some flavours in from other parts of the world for new hand sushi combinations. We love it! Fresh raw tuna is amazing I eat it two or three times a week all laid on...

:D 😄 :D

i know target has some sheets (by ming tsai?) cause i bought some on clearance
and i like free type. very enjoyable

I recently found a 100Y sushi shop in the city and it's actually great quality! The staff leave a little to be desired, but who cares, the food is great! :)

Sushi!

I love sushi! I like to try different types of sushi when I can, but the only kinds I don't eat are salmon and another kind, but I can't remember it. I think it had raw fish eggs or something.

Shrimp, eel, and Tai are my favs!

Friday after class I'm going to have sushi with my friends! A round of sushi for everyone! 🕺

I just wish sushi came in larger servings! There never seems to be enough to fill me up! :eek:

I'm addicted to sushi! My favorites are shrimp, salmon, squid, and sometimes salmon eggs, but I like them all. The salmon here in Seattle is just as good as in Japan, but the squid sucks.

土用の丑の日

kirei_na_me said:
'Doyou no ushi no hi' will be July 27 this year?
The ox day in the 18-day period before lìqiū (立秋, first day of autumn) in the Chinese calendar, defined as 117ー ≤ the sun's longitude < 135ー:

07/21/04
07/28/05
07/23/06
07/30/07
07/24/08
07/19/09
07/26/10

We'll need an eel thread in a couple of months.

kirei_na_me said:
Unagi is my favorite.

'Doyou no ushi no hi' will be July 27 this year?
wow, i also like unagi, and i enjoy ika, ikura, and my most favourite is chopped scallop( its better with quail eggs 😊 but thats not a common thing around here for me :( )

I always order Yam Tempura, Yaki Soba, Teriyaki meats and Chicken Karaage.

I don't eat any seafood though. Doesn't make me feel good when I eat it. =P
But I like a lot of vegetarian sushi!

duff_o_josh said:
you might aswell just go to kfc :p

Ewww.. no way!

There's a local restaurant we go to and the Karaage is so good. Not greasy at all! They do somnething to the batter cause it is so tasty and theyv\coat it very lightly. I guess it depends how it is made. ☝

Back
Top Bottom