What's new

SUMO In TOKYO, GEISHA in KYOTO

xiaofeifei

後輩
8 Sep 2008
Hi Guys
I will be in Tokyo from 4 oct - 12 oct 2008
and if possible i would like to watch SUMO during my stay in tokyo.. is there any sumo tour durning my stay in Tokyo? (hopefully yes) because i got one website that sell the ticket for SUMO tournamet, but it end on 28 September :(
also, i will be in KYOTO from 13 oct - 15 oct 2008
in kyoto, i would like to watch geisha show..
please help me to find the useful link?
Thanks

Sumo - October is the tour (jungyo) month. There's a tournament in Yokohama (a short train ride from Tokyo) on 10/12. For more info, check Yokohama Jungyo Official Site (Japanese only).

They don't say anything about credit card orders. Try the email address at the top of the web site and ask questions.

In Kyoto they have five famous performances by geigi (geisha is the term used in Tokyo, they are called geigi in Kyoto.)
The performance (traditional dance accompanied by shamisen etc.) is held in April (Miyako Odori, Kitano Odori, Kyou Odori), May (Kamogawa odori) and November (Gion Odori). Unfortunately not available in October.

Sumo - October is the tour (jungyo) month. There's a tournament in Yokohama (a short train ride from Tokyo) on 10/12. For more info,
They don't say anything about credit card orders. Try the email address at the top of the web site and ask questions.
Thank you, i have emailed and waiting for the respond ^^
Thanks

In Kyoto they have five famous performances by geigi (geisha is the term used in Tokyo, they are called geigi in Kyoto.)
The performance (traditional dance accompanied by shamisen etc.) is held in April (Miyako Odori, Kitano Odori, Kyou Odori), May (Kamogawa odori) and November (Gion Odori). Unfortunately not available in October.

thank you

:( i am not that lucky then to see geigi in Kyoto

thank you for the information

Last edited:
actually kyoto geisha are called geiko, but may also be called geigi. also there is a place called gion kobu corner where you can see a geisha dance.

Back
Top Bottom