What's new

Started going to Japanese language class

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
Today's my 2nd class. I'm in the beginner's level 2. It's really the first class of instruction so I'm not sure what will be taught today. The classes are held on Saturdays in the afternoon for 2 hours each.
Last week was the first introduction class of the teachers, and our jikoushoukai. Hope that is right.
Most of the students are from Asian countries and Africa. I'm the only American as of yet. There's like about 10 or more teachers. I guess once all the new students arrive, which is now/today, there will be lots of students.
I'll post here on what I'm learning in the lessons.

Today's class we learned "nihongo de nan to iimasu ka"
The set of words are:
yomu
kiku
iku
nomu
kaeru
miru
taberu
kuru
suru
benkyousuru

we learned the "masu, tai, and takunai" forms

well got a lot of studying to do tonight

Congrats on the start! Have fun with it!

arigatou Wonko

I can't seem to get this computer (which is a Japanese one) to type out Japanese according to the English alphabet. Must have screwed up the setting somehow. Hmm.. dang can't figure it out now

wow! I think I got it now. ありがとう。 got it fixed.

Today's class we learned "nihongo de nan to iimasu ka"
The set of words are:
yomu
kiku
iku
nomu
kaeru
miru
taberu
kuru
suru
benkyousuru

we learned the "masu, tai, and takunai" forms

well got a lot of studying to do tonight

Well I got my computer to type out Japanese so I really will use hiragana and Kanji since I'm learning it in my class.

よむ
きく
いく
のむ
かえる
見る
食べる
くる
する
べんきょうする

Well I got my computer to type out Japanese so I really will use hiragana and Kanji since I'm learning it in my class.

よむ read
きく listen
いく go
のむ drink
かえる return
見る see watch look
食べる eat
くる come
する do
べんきょうする eat
べんきょうする eat

Since I'm learning these I thought I should add the English meaning to those of us who may not know the meaning of these words.

There's no reason to show us your lessons, ok? Besides, there is another section of this web site that deals with language learning.

That's a good idea, when you do the blog talk about not only what you're learning but the whole process. I imagine it's through a ward office. My experiences with that have been hit or miss.
Thanks wonko
I think I'm still learning my way around the site, so yeah, I'll make a few mistakes and they'll be pointed out to me, which I'll change if I'm allowed to. I don't see a delete button though..
This class is put out by the Prefecture/Ward offices throughout the many universities here in Japan. So its probably the one you are referring to. At the moment, its really geared for the university student, but I'll pickup the good points of grammar, though.it looks like it will have short conversations with what's being taught in class.
I don't have a language partner so my posting in this was really learning/talking to myself, but I guess a blog is more appropriate. Again, thanks for the support.

Look in the Learning Japanese subforum. That's a good place to start your own dedicated thread regarding things you are learning and to ask for help with any questions or problems you have. There are several members who have done that and it works quite well.

Look in the Learning Japanese subforum. That's a good place to start your own dedicated thread regarding things you are learning and to ask for help with any questions or problems you have. There are several members who have done that and it works quite well.

Thanks Mike
I just posted something, maybe i put it in the right place.

That's the section I'm currently clearing of mojibake.

@musicisgood , a lot of the older threads in that subforum had their titles and usually their first posts messed up in the course of a software upgrade about two and a half years ago. I have already cleaned up 60 out of 290 pages, but it might take a while, as it's a manual process.

Back
Top Bottom