What's new

Sony VAIO C Series

Love mine!

I'm using the model VGN-A190. It's a bit heavy with a 17 inch screen and the battery won't go beyond 2 hours. I use mine as a tower; have a 19 inch flat screen pluged into it and a regular keyboard. Mine has a docking station and 2 speakers with it which is nice. It has been running 5 hours a day or more for almost 2 years without 1 problem so far.It has a program so it can be used as a TV when hooked to cable which is nice. The DVD player and sound are great to watch movies with. I don't think you could go wrong if you get one.

Uncle Frank

:)

I would recommend getting a better processor. 1.8 Ghz is slow for this day and age, and 1 GB of RAM should be the minimum amount you get, trust me on this.

they say you need 2GB of ram to keep your speed up.
Uncle Frank
:)
Ram is getting cheaper, so yeah I agree with you. When I built my desktop about 3 years ago, 1 GB was great, but I see why 2 GB would be better. In fact I have that much on my laptop.

Last edited:
I should slap you against the head for reading "Celeron" and wanting to buy that Dave! It's the lowest of low budget processor on the market -_-;
If I were you, I'd pick nothing less that at least an Intel core 2 duo for processor. They have longer battery life (Centrino proc.) and are much faster than those crappy Celerons. Also, Sony is garbage, when it comes to Laptops. You'd better stick to Dell, HP, Toshiba (some lines are good) or Panasonic. Sony is a big no-no if you ask me, overpriced as well on top.

Some info on a Dell Inspiron 1720 :

inspnnb_1720_new_122x100-1.jpg

Intel Core 2 Duo T7100(2MB L2 Cache、1.80GHz、800MHz FSB)

Windows Vista® Home Premium

2GB(1GB×2) DDR2-SDRAM

17 TFT TrueLife™ WUXGA

120GB SATA HDD

DVD+/-RW(DVD+R 2)

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g)(networkcard)

NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600 GT 256MB DDR2

This all for 161,886円 or 971.3€ (cheap as hell), compared to your 149,800円 piece of crap Sony, it's a much better bargain ;-) Also, the Vaio has a 13.3" screen, like the Macbook, which is REALLY small if you like a bigger screen ;-)

Linky : Dell 公式サイト (Dell Japan) | Dell 日本

I have an old Sony Vaio that I bought 5 or 6 years ago.

Vaio's look cool, but I think next time I get a laptop, I'll look for another company.

Thanks for the advice you guys! I will have a further look the next time I will step into K's Denkies

Hmm, reduced sperm count? We are suffering from an overpopulation problem as it is..oh well? :p

Back
Top Bottom