What's new

So... Introduction?

Jhopesstrawberry

π’œπ’Ύπ“ƒπ“‰ 𝑒𝓋𝒢 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 π’Άπ“ƒπ‘œπ“‰π’½π’Ά π’·π“‡π‘’π‘’π’ΉπŸ˜œ
4 Apr 2021
Hey guyssss, so 163 messages later I came across an introduction thread and noticed... hey... I never made an introduction????
Anyways, my name is Zaaria (not Jhopestrawberry, i know... such a surprise) and you will most likely see me posting in old Jrock forums or just random forums in general. I am 17 and come from the USA (specifically southern USA 🀠) and I am possibly the only person in my town that even knows of Jrock. (Most people here listen to rap or country.)
I like editing pictures, and just taking pictures in general. I guess you could say I am very photogenic. I've always been fascinated in learning about different music styles, and different languages. I think that and my love for Rock is what got me so hooked on Jrock to tell the truth. The visuals caught my eye for sure!
I also want to focus on getting into the Military one day. Anything to do with traveling and languages is something I want pursue while there.
When I first went on JREF i registered simply to find more information on one of my favorite artists. However I didn't expect for it to be so addiccttinnggg. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Anyways just wanted to say thank you to all y'all guys for accepting me in this forum and making me feel welcome!

703481D0-E6DF-40DB-BBAA-80366D5595CD.jpeg

anyways... random school photo! Make sure to wear your masks guys!
3E81DD30-4C7D-4E4A-A02A-9F8828D13500.jpeg

I'm a firm believer in handwashing and not touching your face with unwashed hands. A mask has it's use , but not the cure all.

mad.jpgfmtl.jpg

I'm a firm believer in handwashing and not touching your face with unwashed hands. A mask has it's use , but not the cure all.
While hand-washing and hygiene are generally good things and can also reduce the risk of fomite infection of a variety of ailments, it's been determined that mask use and social distance have been crucial measures for protecting oneself from mostly-airborne pathogens like covid. Mask use can also help reduce fomite infection because it can help keep our dirty hands off our faces. I get that people don't LIKE wearing masks, but we're in the midst of a pandemic and promoting things like anti-mask messages will only ensure that it continues.

While hand-washing and hygiene are generally good things and can also reduce the risk of fomite infection of a variety of ailments, it's been determined that mask use and social distance have been crucial measures for protecting oneself from mostly-airborne pathogens like covid. Mask use can also help reduce fomite infection because it can help keep our dirty hands off our faces. I get that people don't LIKE wearing masks, but we're in the midst of a pandemic and promoting things like anti-mask messages will only ensure that it continues.

Tell that our idiot congress people. :confused:

Zaaria, a big welcome. We're very happy to have you here. Always nice to see new folks with a passion for Japan. And we had to remove our rule against necroposting just for you because you keep digging up all those old time capsule threads. :LOL:

Tell that our idiot congress people. :confused:

Zaaria, a big welcome. We're very happy to have you here. Always nice to see new folks with a passion for Japan. And we had to remove our rule against necroposting just for you because you keep digging up all those old time capsule threads. :LOL:
Yeah our leadership has proven that on the whole they are dumb as a bag of hammers and incapable of listening to people who have dedicated their careers to studying these specific topics. They have set the stage for intense science denial that's cost hundreds of thousands of lives in this country alone, and they'll probable never face actual consequences for the damage they've caused. I know it's not necessarily any better elsewhere in the world but I have lost a whole lot of faith and optimism in the past year.

And yes of course, this is an intro thread. @Jhopesstrawberry welcome to the forum and thanks for bringing your youthful enthusiasm to this necromancer's mansion. Hopefully some of it will rub off on our zombie corpses.

The military can be a great way to travel but they tend now days to keep you at one duty station for 2 years. The Air Force is the easiest going of all the branches and boot camp is almost like going to college from what my buddy said. Getting in something to do with electronics or computers can lead to good jobs when you get out. If you're not afraid of going to sea , the Navy has a rating in electronic warfare that can be super exciting. You can have sub duty , surface ship duty or flying on planes , all of which give you a high rated security clearance and a chance for a good job when you get out. Most branches of the military have programs to help you go to college when you get out. Most branches of the military have branches for language learning , mostly for Chinese , Korean , or Middle East languages. Some of the best jobs require you to sign up for 6 years. You spend the first 2 years in school and then go out into the field. The down side is , if there's a major war , you may end up in the middle of it.

Welcome Zaaria/Strawberry! Good luck with your studies and your plans to join the military. Would be great if you could get a chance to come to Japan while in the military.

Welcome Zaaria/Strawberry! Good luck with your studies and your plans to join the military. Would be great if you could get a chance to come to Japan while in the military.
I know! Its what I plan to do! If you ever see a red haired mixed girl out in the street of Japan one day dont be afraid to give me a hiπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Back
Top Bottom