What's new

So how are English teachers coping with the corona virus

The folks I know teaching in public schools are miserable. The Japanese teachers have been forced to cram, fun activities have mostly been forbidden, and the dispatch companies have bent the contract to cut the summer vacation down to a week. I'm so so so happy I'm out of the system.

im teaching at a university now, and it's not ideal to put it lightly. Semester one is all online, and the student participation is terrible. It's not half as fun for the students, but they're definitely not giving 100% most of the time. I had a student brush his teeth and gargle mid-lesson, mic on. I drink coffee and collect my paycheck.

The folks I know teaching in public schools are miserable. The Japanese teachers have been forced to cram, fun activities have mostly been forbidden, and the dispatch companies have bent the contract to cut the summer vacation down to a week. I'm so so so happy I'm out of the system.

im teaching at a university now, and it's not ideal to put it lightly. Semester one is all online, and the student participation is terrible. It's not half as fun for the students, but they're definitely not giving 100% most of the time. I had a student brush his teeth and gargle mid-lesson, mic on. I drink coffee and collect my paycheck.

At least you are honest about it. Most kids at all levels don't like to stay home and study behind a computer. And the younger they are without any parental help, it failure in the making. I like how they are pushing home schooling (online schooling in the States), it too seems to be a BIG failure also. Kids need guidance , its like learning a new trade, hands on with guidance .
I have my own thoughts about the "new " corona virus educational system. The old system is now outdated. May have been outdated for many years actually.

I think with some time, people will mostly get with it, but by the time they do, we'll be back to in person lessons.

One major thing about online lessons, without taxpayer funded computers and Internet in every home, it isn't fair to all kids.

Back
Top Bottom