What's new

Small flag

jeeplover

Sempai
Donor
25 May 2019
i would like to know if a sender or receiver is named possible date and slogans thank you in advance

Attachments

• 100_0352.JPG
    100_0352.JPG
    932.4 KB · Views: 110
There is no recipient's name and date.

What's written on the upper left corner is a quote form the Bible; Proverbs, Chapter 14:34.
義は國を高くし
罪は民を辱しむ
救世軍神戸小隊
藤尾岩松
Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people
Salvation Army Kobe Corps
Fujio Iwamatsu

And the right end column is 第四囬歸還兵 the 4th returned soldier(s).

There also are two typical patriotic slogans 祈武運長久 Hope Your Eternal Good Luck in Battle and 忠孝 loyalty and filial piety.

The signatures were written by the same hands as same as the one in your another thread. It at least doesn't seem to be a usual yosegaki hinomaru.

this flag is strange i have not seen many with christian bible verses on them i like it.

Yes quite unusual. But Kobe was a port that had a lot of foreign expats and trade with other countries so it makes sense that Christianity got some foothold there. Salvation Army has been in Japan since 1895 apparently.

wow very cool i was curious if it was the Salvation army. i thought things might have mixed in translation.

You need to keep in mind that a fact that it's written by the same hand is a problem.

not sure why you say this if you look at the flag i can see more than one person did it the ink/paint is different colors as if some people pressed harder some softer. on my screen it is clear not sure what you are seeing. the other thing to consider is most not all fake flags are just a bunch of no sense characters when put together. i had one that said beer fish and car. this one makes sense as a hole.

so you do professional handwriting identification? I posted just today and others agree this was done by multiple people. this is silly I will have to agree to disagree with you.
collapsable parade flag

i can see more than one person did it the ink/paint is different colors as if some people pressed harder some softer.
Those are not so important in 筆跡鑑定.

I meant "many names were written by the same hand is a problem" by "it's written by the same hand is a problem", and "same hands" meant not a single hand in my initial reply. Sorry if it's confusing. "All the signatures and slogans are written by only two or three people" can be an evidence enough to show it's a fake, can't it?

You can believe what you want to believe after all. Anyway, the flag in this thread is interesting but also questionable, and the one in your another thread is most likely a fake.

well you think what you want. thank you for the translation. get the book look through it. you would probably call 70 percent of flags pictured fake or suspicious like you do on the forums.

i would think the prayer would all be done by one person the slogan by another not sure what the problem is here. you say one hand you always say this no one but you seem to see this. if it is all done by one hand that is usually very easy to tell. the flag i think is sosho i could agree it is done by one person. this was explained to me by the style of kanji on it. this small flag i do not see that no one else i have asked neither does anyone else. i guess it must be a language barrier.

Bereaved families would be thankful to you if your flags are authentic and you return your flags to them.

Here's the blog of the Salvation Army Kobe Corps. You might be able to identify Fujio Iwamatsu (, and they also must be thankful to you if you donate the flag to them).

I am sorry I have my opinions on the Obon society. not something I wish to discuss.

Is it impossible to donate flags without via Obon Society, for instance directly through embassy?

this is a sensitive political thing i repeat a second time i do not wish to discuss by doing so i would offend many i have grand parents and relatives who served in ww2 that is all i will say.

i would think the prayer would all be done by one person the slogan by another not sure what the problem is here. you say one hand you always say this no one but you seem to see this. if it is all done by one hand that is usually very easy to tell. the flag i think is sosho i could agree it is done by one person. this was explained to me by the style of kanji on it. this small flag i do not see that no one else i have asked neither does anyone else. i guess it must be a language barrier.
You didn't seem to understand what he said. He clarified that it was written by just a 2-3 people. It's easy to see the various blocks were done by one person at a time. No mystery there.
you would probably call 70 percent of flags pictured fake or suspicious like you do on the forums.
I'm kind of curious about that myself. Have you corresponded with the author? The book has been out for 12 years. I imagine he's since learned he was wrong on some of them.

not sure if it is done in japan but in america we sign things for people who do not have good wrighting in fact i signed my sons name to a card i sent his grandma.
as far as the aurther he might have been who knows i have not personaly corrosponded with the seller we are both members of the same forum. but how would you know if the book was wrong you dont feel the need to further you knoledge oh well good book.

not sure if it is done in japan but in america we sign things for people who do not have good wrighting in fact i signed my sons name to a card i sent his grandma.
as far as the aurther he might have been who knows i have not personaly corrosponded with the seller we are both members of the same forum. but how would you know if the book was wrong you dont feel the need to further you knoledge oh well good book.
I don't know. That's why I was wondering.

ok i have reached out to the author here is my post any other questions i should ask

i would like to know is the author of the book
IMPERIAL JAPANESE GOOD LUCK FLAGS AND ONE-THOUSAND STITCH BELTS
is he a member of the forum? on another forum they questioned how accurate the book is after 12 years. i have some questions.
(1) how accurate do you feel the book is after 12 years?
(2) do you feel there are any major mistakes that shouldd be corrected?
(3) are there any updates the book could use new info?
anyone is welcome to answer but i would love to hear from the author

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom