What's new

Silver Ash

i think those people who think Chinese + visual is odd really need to open their minds. silver ash is china's first visual band and even if they don't have enough resources doesn't mean they're failures. their lyrics are very beautiful and required a lot of thought. for example, "never end." and just because their music may sound odd to some of your ignorant ears doesn't mean it won't work. it's no different than kids in the US dressing "visual" for a dir en grey concert. or some Japanese visual kei complete failing. just because their style is inspired from japan does it mean the music has to be? they're not trying to be Japanese, they're trying to do what they want. they're distinctly Chinese, including their visual style and I love them for it! trust me, i've seen other vk chinese bands (i'd add a link but this is my first post) and agreed, they need some work, but silver ash really tries, imo it's starting to work.

it takes guts to stand up and try to do this kind of thing under the conservative Chinese government. it's really highly political and I know they are probably withstanding ridicule from everyone, probably even their families. I'll always love and respect Silver Ash and Ling, the band leader and singer for what they've done for the rest of us chinese kids who prefer rock and also like vk.

i'm sorry. ^___^;;; i probably pissed off a lot of folks..... and i don't mean to. but this is really what I think and it makes me mad when people don't consider how important their place is for our chinese culture especially. Silver Ash is in a lot of trouble right now and I really want to support them as much as I can. and especially if you're chinese, well... if you love them then support then with all your heart! they need us right now.

Thank you. I wish there was some way for them to come to the US--I'm willing to back them financially as much as possible if they could/would play in the Seattle area, and I'd recreate their website gladly. They do have a decent fanbase here, and I've introduced their music to many people over the past 2-3 years, but they just do not have enough exposure at this time.

i heard many things like they changed their name to [toy] or something and they changed back to silver ash and then they disbanded and non exsistant now?

i dont know i think they r all rumors.. anyone know anything about them now a days? they r still a band right?

Yes, they are still a band. They had a press conference in August (or it might have been July, I have to check), and had a concert with another band around the same time. They changed their looks dramatically (fine with me---I think they make much hotter boys than girls), and added a keyboardist but they still sound great.

silver ash has been around for a few years...was signed to an american label i think. they broke into the scene, than after awhile i think they sort of stop acitivites..the leader was the only active one doing solo stuff i think. then they started again then stopped again or something like that. i'm not sure if they're active right now.

Oh wow I only recently got into them. I'm really glad their making music and I hope other Chinese bands follow in their foot steps. 👍

:joyful:
I just came back from visiting my friend whose currently living in Beijing. We were lucky enough to find out that Silver Ash performed on 13.10. in a concert. And it was the best concert of my life :win: even though I was yesterday at concert of GazettE which was fabulous too.

Lings voice is so beautiful and the bands live performance is so intense. Even though I love the two records, Out of control and Organum I managed to buy there they are even better live. There is such energy and power.

Really? Ah man, you're so lucky!
You made me wanna see them too now hehe. I heard rumours that they changed their nameor broke up, glad to know its not true :D

Pictures of Silver Ash

Here is two pictures my friend took in 13 club on 13th of November. I hope this is okay. She took some video too but quality of the sound is so bad that it's really no use sharing.

Attachments

• SilverAsh1.jpg
    SilverAsh1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 82
  • SilverAsh2.jpg
    SilverAsh2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom