What's new

Help Signed Samurai Swords

misty_m

Registered
28 Sep 2021
20210926_185520.jpg
20181106_140033.jpg

Majestic
Thankyou so much MAJESTIC. and to all of you on this forum....I have been told quite a bit about these swords, but have never recieved any promising news like the news I've recieved from you in 1 day.. does anyone have any background on these, or the person or people that created this beautiful pieces..I love these swords, there's just something about these...

Hello Misty,
In order to talk about the swords, we'd need to actually see the swords (instead of just the handle parts). We'd need to see the whole sword, and then ideally some close ups of the blade and the tip, etc... There is a forum especially for Japanese sword enthusiasts called Nihonto Message Board. There are a quite a few experts and dealers on that forum.

The name alone doesn't tell us much because swordsmiths often used the same name through several generations. So there are quite a few swordsmiths named Kanemitsu. Just off the top of my head I will say the Kanetsugu sword looks very 20th century to me, and it may be a sword from WW2, but here too, its hard to say just by looking at the name.

Awesome, wow..your amazing. I appreciate all your help...I have the rest of of the items that were on the sword, it almost looks like some sort of ivory, but then again, that is the reason I am asking for help. And from a professional,and not just something I tried to make out on my own, i just knew the markings meant something...and there's more to the signatures or markings as well,,,I tried to capture most of what could be seen through the camera...

Back
Top Bottom