What's new

Should I use graphic resume for ALT jobs?

why would you want to go down the route of dead-end jobs such as ALT or Eikaiwa. If you have a tech degree, you should come to the middle east and get a job there in your industry. In 10 years you could be a manager making more money than anyone on this board. I met an Indian tech manager and he was making 15.000 dollars a month tax free and he was in his 30s. You have the problem of nationality when it comes to English teaching and it is going to be a recurring problem. It will make everything difficult for you, taking the easy route is my recommendation.

why would you want to go down the route of dead-end jobs such as ALT or Eikaiwa. If you have a tech degree, you should come to the middle east and get a job there in your industry. In 10 years you could be a manager making more money than anyone on this board. I met an Indian tech manager and he was making 15.000 dollars a month tax free and he was in his 30s. You have the problem of nationality when it comes to English teaching and it is going to be a recurring problem. It will make everything difficult for you, taking the easy route is my recommendation.
Yeah! Being in an IT profession would be much easier for me and I could definitely make more money in middle east. But the thing is, I want to live and work in Japan. Assuming I not very fluent in Japanese, teaching English is the only way for me to get my foot in Japan. Once I gain enough fluency in Japanese, I can switch to IT related field whenever I want. Earning a good salary is not my current motive. It's difficult to land a job considering my nationality, but I can't give up even before I try.

Anyways, just for curiosity's sake, can you guide me on how to find IT jobs in middle east? Are there any particular job websites where I can apply and send my resume to potential employers?

Yeah! Being in an IT profession would be much easier for me and I could definitely make more money in middle east. But the thing is, I want to live and work in Japan. Assuming I not very fluent in Japanese, teaching English is the only way for me to get my foot in Japan. Once I gain enough fluency in Japanese, I can switch to IT related field whenever I want. Earning a good salary is not my current motive. It's difficult to land a job considering my nationality, but I can't give up even before I try.

Anyways, just for curiosity's sake, can you guide me on how to find IT jobs in middle east? Are there any particular job websites where I can apply and send my resume to potential employers?

I can't help you with that sorry, I wouldn't know where to start all I know about is university jobs. My only advice to you would be to take remove the part about having an Indian-English accent. Employers do not like it. Also remove the fact that you can speak Hindi and say your English is native level, not fluent. In Japan somehow they think fluent does not mean perfect. Google things about working in the middle east, there are thousands of middle class Indians here making a ton of money in IT. For a smart guy like you it shouldn't be too difficult to climb up the later in 10 years or so, the wages in Japan cannot compete. I more than doubled my salary moving from Japan to the middle east, I now make 300.000 usd per year total package. If I was in Japan I would be lucky to make even half that before taxes and rent.

I can't help you with that sorry, I wouldn't know where to start all I know about is university jobs. My only advice to you would be to take remove the part about having an Indian-English accent. Employers do not like it. Also remove the fact that you can speak Hindi and say your English is native level, not fluent. In Japan somehow they think fluent does not mean perfect. Google things about working in the middle east, there are thousands of middle class Indians here making a ton of money in IT. For a smart guy like you it shouldn't be too difficult to climb up the later in 10 years or so, the wages in Japan cannot compete. I more than doubled my salary moving from Japan to the middle east, I now make 300.000 usd per year total package. If I was in Japan I would be lucky to make even half that before taxes and rent.
Thank you for your valuable comment on my resume. I'll make those changes.

Middle east sounds quite tempting, but I want to experience Japan right now. Moreover, I'm not planning to stay in Japan lifelong. I wanna experience the world and I might make middle east my next destination. :)

There is also a growing community of IT workers from India in Japan. You may be able to come here doing IT work and then hunt for a teaching job after you're here.

Are there any forums where Indian expats in Japan might gather? If so, they could probably be very helpful to you. Try searching for results in both English and Hindi.

There is also a growing community of IT workers from India in Japan. You may be able to come here doing IT work and then hunt for a teaching job after you're here.

Are there any forums where Indian expats in Japan might gather? If so, they could probably be very helpful to you. Try searching for results in both English and Hindi.
I can't get an IT job, since I not fluent at Japanese language and most most at an IT workplace are Japanese and rarely any English is used. To get an IT job I would have to learn Japanese first and clear at least JLPT N2 to even apply for the job.

I guess, there aren't any such forums (at least I haven't found any).

Back
Top Bottom