What's new

Should I use CRT for main monitor?

I know CRTs are old technology, but is it a good idea to use it for main monitor use?
Usually no because the resolution is low and the power consumption is high. Plus it takes up more space. But if it suits your needs then sure.

I love the new style where everything is in the monitor so no tower to take up space and a 23 inch screen for a great view. news.jpg

I can think of no practical advantage of using CRT monitors, unless it were the only kind available

I also had Sony triniton monitors, heavy heavy. If the CRT is free and you don't care about the weight, resolution or power consumption go for it. Downsizing my father who has a few vaccum tube TVs (the kind when you turn them off they stay at a point for a while it's kinda cool, of course black and white my father repaired them for a little while in the 60s) should I grab one to use as my main TV or get rid of them? How about my dad's old console TV (all that wood etc. around the screen)?

I also had Sony triniton monitors, heavy heavy. If the CRT is free and you don't care about the weight, resolution or power consumption go for it. Downsizing my father who has a few vaccum tube TVs (the kind when you turn them off they stay at a point for a while it's kinda cool, of course black and white my father repaired them for a little while in the 60s) should I grab one to use as my main TV or get rid of them? How about my dad's old console TV (all that wood etc. around the screen)?
I suggest turning the latter into a cool fish tank.

Usually no because the resolution is low and the power consumption is high. Plus it takes up more space. But if it suits your needs then sure.
Actually, the resolution on good CRTs wasn't the issue, you could go really high with them. The problem was that they were too small (screen dimensions) to make practical use of the high resolution.

Back
Top Bottom