What's new

Sentences with particles

Coffeesan

先輩
6 Jul 2011
I was just wondering if people could throw a few simple and complex sentences at me (can be about anything) in Romaji, but point out exactly where the specific particles are such as the..

Topic markers
Object markers
Subject markers
Time markers

etc..

I'm starting to understand them but I need to see them in some sentences to get more of a feel..

Last edited:
This doesn't completely specifically answer your question, but don't know if you're aware that there are thousands and thousands of example Japanese sentences, with translations, at Tatoeba: Collection of sentences and translations (e.g. サハラは広大な砂漠です。 - Japanese example sentence - Tatoeba throws you in to a random one, then you can choose "Japanese" from dropdown list and keep clicking "random" as long as you like!)

There is no romaji, but that's a good thing because you want to stop using that asap. There is furigana, but it's machine-generated (I believe) and makes a few mistakes (some dumb, and some subtle, where you would only know the reading if you really understood the meaning).

Last edited:
Thanks, lets all rip the piss out of you when you make an obvious typo alright? Tool.
Sorry, there has been a complete misunderstanding here. When I first read it, I genuinely did not realise that "top" was an abbreviation of "topic". I thought a "top marker" was a term that I had not come across. My "OH ... duh!" comment was a later edit (after I'd already saved the post), and was an exclamation of my own dumbness when I realised it meant "topic". I can see now how it was easy to misread the implication of that comment.

In fact, I have now deleted that comment from the original post because it looks bad.

I took it the same way when I first read it. People learn Japanese from so many dodgy websites that it struck me as entirely possible that somebody somewhere had come up with the term "top marker". And one seldom encounters typos that consist of leaving two letters off the end of a word, so it seemed all the more plausible.

You should have gotten a clue from the fact that eeky went to quite a bit of trouble to provide you with a useful resource and that it would have been inconsistent to then make fun of you for a simple typo.

Back
Top Bottom