What's new

Travel Sakura viewing spots in Saitama

hiverloon

先輩
23 Aug 2015
Can someone please give me references about cherry blossom viewing spots within Saitama area? I would be very thankful if you also tell me the best viewing date.

"Nagatoro Kitazakura Street(Tunnel of cherry blossoms)"
The sakura-namiki was chosen as one of '100 best sakura viewing points in Japan' by Nihon Sakura no Kai Foundation (literally, association for cherry blossoms in Japan) and it arouse attention from various places in Japan.
Sights | Nagatoromachi Tourist Association
These flowers are best viewed from the beginning of April to mid April.
Famous place of other cherry trees.
Google

埼玉のお花見スポット・桜の名所&見所情報2017|レッツエンジョイ東京
Saitama, the cherry tree flower forecast in this year are April 4.
さくら開花予想2017

Today in Tokyo, the cherry trees of the Shinjuku Station southeast mouth are in full blossom .
But other cherry trees of Tokyo have not yet bloomed

Last edited:
By the way in the website displaying the map of Japan with various areas assigned to a date, is that like the last date from the bloom?

By the way in the website displaying the map of Japan with various areas assigned to a date, is that like the last date from the bloom?

The dates in the map are when the season officially starts, and the flowers are in full bloom about a week later.
If you scroll down to the 8 tables of dates, the fourth one in the first table is Kumagaya (熊谷), which is close to Nagatoro, where the date for full bloom is 4th April. You can be punted down the river by a man in traditional Japanese clothing at Nagatoro, which is mildly enjoyable.

"Sakurazutsumi, Kumagaya"
It is more famous as a famous place of the cherry tree than the Edo era.
During a Sakura festival period of the from 18:00 to 21:00 cherry tree is lighted up.
Viewing cherry blossoms at night is called 'yozakura o miru' or 'yozakura kenbutsu,' and it is unique to cherry blossoms.

It is crowded very much because April 1 and 2nd are holidays.
Therefore because a restroom is crowded, attention is necessary.

"Onsen of Kumagaya"
埼玉県熊谷市の温泉施設|熊谷温泉 湯楽の里 | アクセス

"Toki no yu Onsen"
Heritage Resorts
There is a shuttle bus service available from the Kumagaya station to the Onsen.

Back
Top Bottom