What's new

Romaji Chat!

If you are using romaji, you have not even started studying Japanese, period.
For sure that doesn't explain the people here that are quite advanced. It's harmless really for those days and times and machines when IME isn't converting properly or for other reasons cannot be set up at all.

For sure that doesn't explain the people here that are quite advanced. It's harmless really for those days and times and machines when IME isn't converting properly or for other reasons cannot be set up at all.

Nonsense. Don't kid yourself.

How can one be an advanced Japanese-learner if one is a romaji-user? You speak as if romaji was an option for written Japanese. If you cannot even read the textbooks used in the first grade in Japan, then you are NOT an advanced student, period.

If I had written this post in katakanized English, you wouldn't call me an advanced English-learner, would you? Why you support the people who do the same (who write Japanese in romaji) so readily leaves me in the dark.

@masaegu
You should go back to the original post of this thread and see the purpose of it.

A general chat for beginners who don't have the feture or typeing in Japanese, or you just want to have conversations in romaji.

RULES:

1. DO NOT type in hiragana/katakana/kanji
2. ALWAYS type in romaji (if you want to type something in English, put it in perenthesis)
3. Have fun!

Learning kana and kanji are "a must" if one is serious to learn Japanese, yet this thread is just for beginners or those who do not have facilities to use kana/kanji, and as Elizabeth said, no harm to use romaji to have little fun in chatting in Japanese.

Sou desune. Kono sure de wa, hotonodo mondai wa, ' nihongo ga dekiru ka ' de wa nakute ' nihongo kinou wo insutooru dekinai pasokon wo tsukatte iru ka' nado da to omoimasu.

konnichi wa
watashi wa carla desu, ogenki desu ka?
Hajimemashite. Douzo yoroshiku.
Ogenki desuyo. :p

Last edited:
Ohayou gozaimasu,

Watashi wa Mai desu ,yureshiku onegai shimasu.

O-genki desu ka.

Watashi wa Nihongo ski desu ,demo watashi nihon go go wakari masen dakara (I will be happy to jpin you here in order to learn more yeT I want to suggest that everyone writes in Romaji tries to translate what he says in English in order to understand one an other and at the same time we learn some new words)

yureshiku -> yoroshiku

ski -> suki

wakari masen dakara -> either wakarimasen kara or wakarimasen. Dakara...

Actually it is possible to type in Japanese without a Japanese IME. I do it all the time at work (don't tell anyone). It's a bit of a pain, but you just have to go to Google, set the language to Japanese, and then type a Japanese word in the search bar, and you'll get candidates in Japanese text. I've posted a few things in Japanese that way, although it is a bit much if you're shooting for more than 3 or 4 sentences.

Arigatou gozaimasu Glenn

yureshiku -> yoroshiku
ski -> suki
wakari masen dakara -> either wakarimasen kara or wakarimasen. Dakara...
Actually it is possible to type in Japanese without a Japanese IME. I do it all the time at work (don't tell anyone). It's a bit of a pain, but you just have to go to Google, set the language to Japanese, and then type a Japanese word in the search bar, and you'll get candidates in Japanese text. I've posted a few things in Japanese that way, although it is a bit much if you're shooting for more than 3 or 4 sentences.
Yes I know we can do that 👍,but I want to learn Japanese at least in the Romaji way.🙂

Last edited:
Arigatou gozaimasu Glenn

Yes I know we can do that 👍,but I want to learn Japanese at least in the Romaji way.🙂
Nan no tame ni/dou iu mokuteki de romaji dake wo benkyou shite irundesuka ?

What is the point of studying just romaji ?

Romaji shika dekinai hito wa romaji demo ii kedo. And if you can only write English, that's fine too ! 😌:p

Ohayou onee chan Elizabeth

Well,that was kind of you to translate what you've said in Japanese coz I'm not that good.Yeah I know English is the first lge of the world and I do speak it ,but I wanna learn Japanese I mean for communication that's my point .In Algeria ,even at the universities,there are no field for teaching japanese.So I try to learn through net and you know we need a good memory and time to learn this difficult lge.

Jaa ne

konnichiwa!!
minna san, ogenki desu ka?
shojiki, watashi wa chotto nemui. shigoto!
ja... sore wa jinsei desu. so omoimasu

Last edited:
bouken/bōken de wa dou desu ka?
(How about bouken/bōken? You can find in your dictionary, maybe?)

Sorry for nitpicking, but

it's either "minna" or "mina san", but not "minna san", as Glenn-san pointed out.

sugoi
ah. bouken. ima, mitsukemashita. ii tango desu. arigato.

demo, eigo hontoni wakarinai! sore wa takusan eigo.
o genki desu ka?

watashi mo beikoku kara desu. mada hiragana to katakana wo naratte inai no desu ka?

hiragana to katakana yomemasu, demo kakiraremasen. jisai ni, romaji wa kirei. jubun ii desu. 😀 kyo, o genki desu ka? hontoni mushi atsui desu. skoshii akumu desu.
kochira mo mushi atsui desu. kinou bo-to ni norimashita.

Back
Top Bottom