What's new

Ringu

Which version of "The Ring" or Ringu did you like?

• Ringu - Japanese

Votes: 43 91.5%
  • The Ring - American

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • The Korean Version (not sure of the name)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well of course it looks cool, (my hair looks cool hehe) By the way the image wont let me download it just brings up another page with the picture the same size and image. Well let me know when you find out about it, I like to check out new stuff.

Ah, I think i've got it right this time...
Do you know of any super nifty anime? I like the really creepy kind...
You know, slightly insane, sadistic characters, dark twisted plots, things that make you go "is this morally sound?" Those're always the best....like Vampire Hunter D II: Bloodlust, and such.

Yeah My hair does look like that same color and everything. I spend alot of money on hair products so i can get the piecey spikey anime style look as well......lately Ive been using a silver gel that tints it though
Hmmm...im not entirely sure of what anime to recommend. I will ask this friend of mine who knows about almost every anime in creation HAHA! I really like Naruto, but thats pretty obvious. I think all anime has a twisted character in it. Non-anime related though, you might want to check out Battle Royal (theres a manga too, its pretty bloody and violent) Its a Japanese movie I have yet to see but i hear its pretty disturbing, so disturbing in fact that the american media even called attention to how graphic the violence was. Ive read the manga (very weird, twisted horror) to Uzumaki and the reviews Ive heard of the movie are pretty good. Ive also heard the movie Kakashi (scarecrow) is disturbing although I havent seen it either, I have alot of things on my *to buy* list

Wow...I've always wanted to do something anime-ish with my hair..but I can't decide what. My hair's really curly and it's dark brown, so I have no idea what i'll be able to manage with it...we'll see.
Anime hair is the best ^.^

i've heard of Battle Royal, and i've thought about picking it up a couple times, but i've always opted for something else. Guess i'll have to go take a good look at it now.
So you keep talking about Uzumaki, so it must be worth watching. I'll check it out in a moment...

Yeah, there's always at least one twisted character in an anime, but then there are those few where every character is so incredibly..."off" that you're not quite sure what to think. Those are the most fun, I think. :p

Oh i just thought of somthing, check out the anime (or manga its all good) of Pet Shop Of Horrors. It sometimes leaves me thinking what just happened? The manga of course is more detailed and overall just better. But the anime is nice too, it actually kind of has the same style as Vampire Hunter D.

As for the thick curly hair.....Hmm....You could always get it straightned (go to a salon and get it relaxed or buy a kit and do it yourself), or if you dont want to go the chemical route get a straightening iron and some of that gel stuff thats supossed to make it straight.

My hair is thin and straight, with this style I have it, it actually gives it more body and makes it thicker looking.

I've read a little bit of pet shop of horrors, it was simply...strange.
I rather liked it, but I haven't looked into it since.
Right now i'm busying myself with locating the 5th installment of the "Island" Manwha.
I've straightened it several times...I just can't figure out what to do with it after that. Even when I straighten it though it just becomes wavy...such a pain such a pain. Flat irons work for nuthin' on my hair.
I've gotta' do something with it though...i'll be dying it someday...but what happens after that is still a mystery.
I have really thick hair...quite different from yours it would seem. Guess i'm SOL for now! ^.^;

(BTW, Island's really good, I recommend that as far as manwha go)

The best thing I could say to decide is just find a anime character thats hair looks in your opinion very cool and then take it from there.
My hair was originally supossed to look like Kairi's from Kingdom Hearts. The stylist did a decent job cutting it and everything but somehow I just ended up adding my own style to it and it ended up looking different. It was even red but i didnt like the red and changed it back to my usual choice blonde. Ive had my hair so many different colors.
Oh yeah and there are so far only 4 episodes (1 dvd) of Pet shop but i recommend getting it on ebay or something because you could get it for like $10 new with another DVD sometimes. And sometimes just cheaper. I LOVE EBAY! HAHA! you can find almost anything on there

Oooo Ebay's sooo useful I don't know what I'd do without it, especially since anime's sooooooooo expensive :)
I might have to find a character with nifty hair...
Kairi's hair was really cool; I liked Riku's better tho'. (but Riku was pretty cool anyway) Speaking of KH, do you have any idea when the next one for ps2 is coming out? I'm really anticipating it...
I found this nifty Naruto site with all kindsa' artwork, just FYI.
http://kaminiko.lunap.com/naruto/top.html
I think it's spiffy.

Yeah i checked the site, pretty nice artwork.
I dont know when the new kingdom hearts cmes out but this year it comes in Japan so id say give it another year.
I couldnt get on the boards for like 3 days.....weird

I don't know if i'll be able to wait for the game to come out >.<
I've been able to get onto the forums, but they were moving pretty slow...

I may have found something to keep me occupied whilst I do wait.
I just bought Dance Dance revolution for my ps2 and a game pad...fun!
Who knows how long that'll last though...
If ANYONE can recommend a good game for me that's ALREADY out...i'd be much obliged....:eek:

Um...I've seen both the Ring and Ringu.

The American version was definitly more scary than the Japanese version. My sister and I curled up in front of our television a week after seeing the Ring in movie theaters, ready to be scared senseless by the Ring.

We laughed our way through the whole thing. The only scary thing about Ringu was the Girl and the music.

I loved the special effects in the Ring, especially when dealing with the Girl. Scary...scary...

If the Korean version is anything like the Japanese version, I'll pass. Seriously.

I have to say i'd agree, Eternal.
I wasn't looking for special affects or plenty of action. I think that ringu was more affective, psychologically, than The Ring. I cant wait to see Ring Virus, i've heard that it's the closest to the actual book.
The original was by far the best, in my opinion.

Nah, Ring Virus was made in Korea shortly after Ringu. (The Ring is the latest installment to the remakes)

Lol Kai, you should check out the original novels before any of the movies...I don't think the movies were very flattering to the author's original story.
But i've only read just a little! (yes i've finally read some!)

I've seen both but I really can't decide which one I like the most. hmm they both looked pretty cooll in there own way. But the tape in the american version looked more freakier ^^;;

I think the American tape was pretty lame...but that's probably only because I knew how far off the real plot it was. Didn't really follow the book ;_;
They might as well have just wrote a whole new story. They basically stole the plot from Koji - san and slapped a different theme over it.

Chipi said:
I've now seen the Japanese Ringu, and I'm sorry but I have to say that the American version was definetly _a lot_ more scarier and creepy.
Japanese one was stylish and interesting, but not at all scary..and that's what a horror movie should be, right?

Japanese Ringu was quite easy. Sure it deserves the honour for beeing the "first one" and having the original idea, but somehow the American one took the crawling horror more deeper.It was a lot more effective.

Personally, I think a good horror movie is scary even when it's not laden with special effects. I like the Japanese version much more because it has more feel into it and it made me think why Sadako is like that and mind you I watched the American version first. 🙂

I haven't watched the american version because i had already seen the japanese one.
Beside my friend told me it was the same story with western actors
which means the americans made the same movie years after with any improvement :eek:

I'd have to say Ringu was much better than the American version. Sadako's creepiness factor was through the roof, and the plot explaining how she came to be the creature that she was is much better!

Back
Top Bottom