What's new

Revitalizing JREF

Just been Busy. And being married to a Japanese woman kind halted my need to ask questions here about the Japanese language. heheh

Also things going on which I prefer to not post about. Have kinda closed down a bit. I still frequent the forums often just don't post as much as before.

Last edited:
Hiroyuki san is still around, but I haven't seen Elizabeth san for a while... I miss her posts especially at Japanese language forum.
:(

I used to post a lot more, mainly in the music section but also in other sections outside of that, but recently I just haven't had the time. This is because of changes in my work situation and I'm sure this happens to most people as commitments come and go and the 'community' changes itself slowly.

I'm kind of sad that I don't really feel part of the 'community' here any more; I don't feel like I have 'better things to do' but just *more* things to do! - and I miss it, but... such is life, I guess.

Also music, which was the driving force in my life both in playing and listening, has ironically got put very much on the back burner since actually becoming actively involved in the music industry itself - so although I now play the piano, everything else has dropped off the radar and in fact I can't even remember when I last bought a CD. That makes me sad. :( I'd like to rekindle some of that passion in myself, but of course I don't have time for everything.

It's good to see Mars Man back, hopefully he will help breathe some more life into the forum 👍

Welcome back my dear Martian big brother 🌹

Yes, welcome back MM! Looking forward to your viewpoints.

@Kinsao: it is nice to see you commenting again. Just understand that your viewpoint is most welcome regardless of whether you were here yesterday or six months ago. People are busy and it is understood as I myself am often am and sometimes get distracted and need a break. It's just nice to see "old-timers" checking back in now and again and letting us know what they have been up to. Good luck!

I'm still here... albeit not so much these days. Life keeps me busy so I don't have as much time to dedicate to being online. Still, it's nice to see some things (and people) never change.

JREF has had its ups and downs, just like with everything in the world. It provides information and a venue for some very good discussion even if sometimes there is quirks in the road at times.
However, the past year there seems to have been a serious drop in posting and energy on the forum. What happened?
I'm curious as to what ideas might exist as to why this is the case and if there is anything that might be done to rejuvenate the forums.

Put up a myspace for JREF. Add a ludicrous amount of videos and random animations. Ensure that at least 3 different songs attempt to play simultaneously with an unbearably annoying overlap. Insist that JREF is all about the "wassup." Don't forget to include "LOL" after each sentence. Put in obscure recommendations from people that nobody has ever heard of. I'll help provide a few...

"JREF is the jam." ~ DJ Pop N Fresh

"Ain't nobody gonna deliver like JREF does." ~ Street Beat Mag

"Oh hell yeah son!" ~ Bootycake

Do this and JREF will live again!

Warning: The preceeding idea may not be a good one. Implementation of this idea could result in the forum's collective IQ dropping to the level of a stupor. Poster does not take financial responsibility for any stains that the riffraff may leave in the carpets.

Hiroyuki san is still around, but I haven't seen Elizabeth san for a while... I miss her posts especially at Japanese language forum.
:(
Thank you, undrentide-san ! Hope everyone is well ! Its good to be missed!! :=). I've been fine. Real life has become much more interesting and interfered with my Internet life. 😌

I definitely needed the break. But Japanese is seeping back into my blood again, so the hiatus may be over for a little. See ya. 🙂

Even though there were many like myself who can answer a thread and participate, there are few who can start a thread to invite mass participation.
This, I feel is what is lacking in JREF and I wish I had the knack Maciamo had for inviting participation and getting people to reply.
Sucked in as sparring partners, maybe, quickly realized they were in deep with the forum adminstrator, surrendered quietly or be banned. By the hundreds-quite literally.

What happened in the last year was way beyond Maciamo's influence and significance, imho.

Elizabeth窶堋ウ窶堙アツ、窶堋ィ窶ケv窶堋オツ振窶堙ィツ〜ツ!🙂 I'm happy to see you again.:)

JREF has had its ups and downs, just like with everything in the world. It provides information and a venue for some very good discussion even if sometimes there is quirks in the road at times.
However, the past year there seems to have been a serious drop in posting and energy on the forum. What happened?
I'm curious as to what ideas might exist as to why this is the case and if there is anything that might be done to rejuvenate the forums.

here's one perspective on it. like many other forums, i noticed that there are a lot of younger people who post. honestly as time passes, so does their interest for various reasons. also i'm sure that most people consider forums as a fad.

raverboy

WOW Elizabeth! Glad to see you make time to post.
お久しぶりです。

Iron Chef I will be leaving for Fukuoka on March 8th I may be too busy but will try to make some plans to come meet up.

Back
Top Bottom