What's new

Research Japanese gaming communities

Ashwin1989

後輩
8 Apr 2013
Hello everybody.

My name is Ashwin Marapengopie and I am a Communications Student from the Netherlands. Right now I am working on my thesis about the mentality and demographics concerning Japanese gaming communities. I myself am a gamer and I also actively worked as an editor for gaming websites, so my interest in Japan and the differences concerning Europe come naturally.

I want to conduct a questionnaire via the internet among Japanese gamers. But to do that, I must first have my questionnaire translated from English to Japanese. I was wondering if anyone is willing to help me out with this. I have not found anyone yet who is able to help me, so I would really appreciate it.

What can I offer you in return? You will get an honorable mention in the 'acknowledgements' section of the report. Besides that I can also offer you a free code to an iPhone-game (for which you otherwise would have to pay, of course). And more personally; you will get my eternal gratitude for helping me out ;)

So yeah, I am curious for the replies.

Regards,
Ashwin

How are you intending to understand the replies to the survey?

This appears to have some translated summaries of surveys carried out in Japan, which might help - and links back to the original Japanese sites which carried out the research.

I'd love to help out, although it might take some time depending on the difficulty and amount of questions, and my Japanese isn't perfect ;)

Interesting topic. Would you be so kind as to post the results of your survey here once it's finished?

Hey everyone. Sorry for the late reply, but it's been quite hectic around me with conducting interviews and what not. First of all; My survey is now totally translated, and correctly as well (although, you never know what might occur). I would like to post the link right here and it would be awesome if Japanese forum members could participate in it and if you all could also ask your Japanese gamer friends to participate and to spread the word.
To answer Tamayo's question; I would love to share the results with all of you when it's finished. That's no problem at all. For now I will post the link. Here it is;

日本人ゲーマーのアンケート

The link itself is probably going to be shortened when I post it, so if you want to forward it, then you're gonna have to open the link first and then copy the full URL from your browser. I know it's a bit unwieldy, but unfortunately there is no other way.

Thanks a million for helping me out!
Greetings from the Netherlands

Back
Top Bottom