What's new

Question Requiring Informations about Fees and Expenses to rent an Apartment in Japan.

GaijinStudent

Registered
2 Oct 2019
Hi, I'm planning to go study at a University in Tokyo and live with my girlfriend by renting an Apartment with: One Bedroom, Kitchen, Bathroom, 1 Living room.

Can someone please give me a list with a rough estimate for each expense/fee/tax, that we'll have to pay on average, on the first and second month? Thanks.

I noticed that you have posted your question here, too:

Many of the items listed are quite realistic. Have you already been accepted by a university? Where in Tokyo do you plan on living?

I noticed that you have posted your question here, too:

Many of the items listed are quite realistic. Have you already been accepted by a university? Where in Tokyo do you plan on living?
Sorry for my late answer. Yes, i've been accepted. I'm waiting for my certificate of eligibility to be delivered. We plan to live around the city center but not in the expensive districts.

It depends on the area but usually before moving into an apartment this is what you will have to pay for your 1 st month.

1. 1 months rent
2. deposit (1 months rent)
3. admin fee (1 months rent)
4. cleaning fee
5. key money (1 months rent) (some areas don't charge this fee)
6. building maintenance fee
7. management fee

Anything else they try to charge you can be negotiated. After this, the following months should only be the rent + building maintenance + management fee.

Have a listen to this podcast for more information about renting in Japan.

It depends on the area but usually before moving into an apartment this is what you will have to pay for your 1 st month.

1. 1 months rent
2. deposit (1 months rent)
3. admin fee (1 months rent)
4. cleaning fee
5. key money (1 months rent) (some areas don't charge this fee)
6. building maintenance fee
7. management fee

Anything else they try to charge you can be negotiated. After this, the following months should only be the rent + building maintenance + management fee.

Have a listen to this podcast for more information about renting in Japan.

Will do, thx.

Back
Top Bottom