Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
For more info on referrals, please check out the FAQ section

=> Help

If you wonder what your referral codes look like, head to the User Control Panel (see below).

Attachments

• referral.jpg
    referral.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 189
I understand the system of referrals. Now, apart from luring other people on board, what's the advantage?

1,000 introduced members = free dinner at Thomas's House!

LOL .... I hope he pays airfare :p

Hehe, and those who survive my entrecテエte テ? la grand-mティre even get a return ticket.
😊

Entrecテエte is best translated as rip steak ("entre cテエtes" = "between the rips"). It's a classic example of French cuisine, served with potato mash or string beans. Yet, the highlight of a traditional entrecテエte is its wine sauce containing at least one bottle of red wine (needs a strong character, a good Languedoc or similar as well as 500g of sweet butter - wouldn't recommend it when you're on diet).

It's sublime.
:)

right got that and it sounds delicious,,
"thomas I'm on my way, get the steak on"
I'm sure I could forget about the diet for this meal,lol
as for the referral codes I really dont get the full picture, 😊

They're just a way to get credit for the people you introduce.

I introduced Casey so I got 1 point. What do I get when I get 10 points? Probably a thank you email. So this is all just pride factor and the warm feeling that you've helped out the Forum to become even more popular.

cheers

With 10 referrals we'll wrap a golden laurel-wreath around your user name.
;)

The FAQ link for referrals obviously changed with the new board.
A search
https://jref.com/forum/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=referrals&match=all&titlesonly=0
finds if though.

Is the 'referrerid' automatically generated for each member when they visit there? (It says referrerid=4807 for me)

[EDIT] Oh wait - I missread some of that. ^^v

I've got Referrals: 1 - but I've never referred anybody. I wonder if that means somebody accidently referred somebody else with my code?

people can also type in your username when registering, and that will give you a referral.

thomas said:
Entrecテエte is best translated as rip steak ("entre cテエtes" = "between the rips"). It's a classic example of French cuisine, served with potato mash or string beans. Yet, the highlight of a traditional entrecテエte is its wine sauce containing at least one bottle of red wine (needs a strong character, a good Languedoc or similar as well as 500g of sweet butter - wouldn't recommend it when you're on diet).

It's sublime.
:)

Man, Thomas, you're making me hungry... *salivates over the tasty dish*
:D

people can also type in your username when registering, and that will give you a referral.

I have one referral now, I guess on that basis, as i've never given out any 'codes' (and in fact, don't see the point really in doing so - is there one?)

I was going to update this thread, but to be honest, I don't understand the referral system at all. After reading this thread, I am still confused, but my (unofficial) take on it is that the referral system basically is just a little pat on the back for introducing new members.

As for the referring process...:?

I was going to update this thread, but to be honest, I don't understand the referral system at all. After reading this thread, I am still confused, but my (unofficial) take on it is that the referral system basically is just a little pat on the back for introducing new members.
As for the referring process...:?

Many thanks for your candour, Mikawa Ossan!

Ah, I see - a pat on the back, and the possibility that a little good karma may come our way - i'll settle for that! Another one of those interesting little quirks that keep me entertained here :)

I think I understand the referral process from some of the comments here - perhaps if things have changed someone in the know could post here (no rush!)

Again, it doesn't really matter to me, but it's good to have any info about how the site works on hand for new fellas and lasses - just nice to know how the nuts and bolts fit together 👍

I always thought the refferal thing was a bad thing. I thought that it meant that every referral is like a punishment or something for insulting fellow members or doing inappropriate things in the forum or such. It is great since now I know that I need to reinforce my English a lot more!

Mauricio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom