What's new

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimitree,
I don't sleep well on account of what I write or don't write on forums. You have come here, asked a very difficult question (not an impossible one), gotten frustrated at the negative responses (the reality of the situation you are in), and given up. Your reply above is typical of someone who chooses to disagree with people who know more than they do and who can't give them the loophole they want.

That's your choice.

One of the job agencies I deal with for my office's staffing needs told me that Japanese immigration makes the original visa sponsor responsible for the sponsored foreign national depart Japan after the sponsorship ends. So, the sponsoring company has to trust the foreign national he sponsors. If that foreign national decides to overstay in Japan, the Japanese government also goes after that sponsoring company.

Being an illegal alien would be a tough call. Rights and entitlements are limited for an illegal. That would put a huge damper on the dream and hopes he/she had prior to taking the illegal path.

I've been in the states for many years. I saw many illegals there who were living below their full potential because of their precarious legal status.

I just want to say that i'm not interested in hearing what i can't do with what i have.
I'm interested in hearing what i CAN do with what i have.

Do you guys understand the differance ?

What's the point in telling me that i can't go to the moon if i don't have a space ship ??? This is what i call a "Ney" treatment.

Like i sayd i will try my best and if i fail i will be left with lots of useful skills which are rare in Bulgaria and that's good enough for me even if i can't come in Japan with them.
Thank you for trying to help me :)

Dimitree,

I'd love to know how can I go to the moon without a spaceship. Can you tell me how? Don't give me the "ney treatment" tell me what I CAN do with what I have currently.(no spaceship)

IMHO, it's best to hear what you can't do with what you have so you can prepare or make some effort to cover that "what I have currently is not enough" part.

what CAN you do with what you have? who the heck knows, every person experience differently even if the person have the same thing that you have. We can't answer that, we can only tell you what to expect or advice on what to do to avoid what we experienced.

If you wanted to go to the moon, and someone said no, its not possible if you don't have a spaceship. You don't have take it as a your so-called "ney treatment" but take it as an advice or whatever, and find a way to make a spaceship then. :p

My last advice, get a degree. It would seriously make your life easier here in Japan. I know degree means nothing to you, but to the Japanese company here, It means everything.

Here's an example. Everyone knows nintendo right? No matter how great you are in programming, it means nothing if you don't have a degree. You wouldn't even get pass the first interview. Nintendo also been named here by my teachers as the company who will only hire student from famous university even if their programming skills......sucks hard.

Last edited:
Kirirao you can drive with your car to NASA.That's what you can do without a spaceship :p :p :p you may be happy even with that :) and WHO knows :p maby when you reach NASA with your car some NASA employee may just give you a chance and put you on one of NASAs spaceships ? Who knows o-o ? But if i simply tell you that you can't go to the moon you will never get in your car and drive to NASA and you will never have the chance to meet a NASA employee who MABY could put you on a spaceship.
It seams that you guys are not that optimistic ;) that's not good at all :) i wouldn't live my life that way atleast :p

If I were to drive to NASA right now I'd drown in the ocean. Are you trying to kill me or are you trying to help me here? :p
That is even worst then the so-called "ney treatment".

unfortunately unlike you, my life doesn't fill with MAYBE :p
I don't live my life with MAYBE's.

I work my *** off,
I sacrifice everything I have,
I do everything what I need to do,
I fill in all the "what I don't have" blanks.
AND thats why I'm in Japan right now :p

simple as that.

If you love living your life with maybe's and with all those empty optimistic thinking, then have it your way. Life is short, and its yours. Good luck with it then.

Oh, and if you simply tell me that I can't go to the moon without a spaceship, I'll just make a spaceship :p

Dimitree,
I fully understand what you want. However, your situation is so nebulous that nobody can tell you what you want to hear. I've been at this 10 years and have yet to see anyone in your situation given any clear answer on half a dozen forums. It is entirely, completely, and wholeheartedly a case by case situation. That is the name of the game with any immigration office and certainly with Japan's.

I and others have told you it will be difficult. That's the best we can do to tell you it is not IMpossible. To tell you HOW to make it POSSIBLE, well, you just have to try things for yourself and see what works in your situation.

A Bulgarian may have different results from a Spaniard or a Malaysian or a Russian.

Indians seem to be in high demand for IT work here. You are competing with them. Do your own research and find out what they are doing right. I'll bet the vast majority of situations, if not 100% of them, will show that they have either the degree or the necessary experience. But, I'm not in IT. Your little experience in that field makes you more of an expert than me. Look into it. I've given you pretty much all I know, and the fact that you don't like it is not going to change the situation. (Still, the fact that you admit you haven't even learned sufficient programming should be an obvious hint that you seriously lack the basic skills there. Moreover, please consider the next obvious fact that Japan is where a lot of programming starts, so you would have to be more than just a freshly educated programmer to be considered for a job, even WITH 100% Japanese fluency (which you won't have in 3-4 years).)

You've already insulted 3 professions here by saying that they are not "normal jobs". Are you even aware of that? Pretty common jobs, too, no matter where you live -- teaching, modeling, bar work. Have you checked out the jobsinjapan.com web site I gave you for something other than IT jobs (because you are not going to be qualified for them)? That's doing more than just naysaying, but have you even followed up on it? Yes or no?

You only seem to have looked up the Bulgarian embassy to find what I told you initially -- that you need a visa -- and you couldn't even navigate a simple web page by MOFA to find the artist visa. I just gave you a more explicit link. Again, more than just naysaying. Have you even followed up on that link? Yes or no?

You want to come here for 90 days, look for an eager employer for your visa sponsorship, then return to Bulgaria for 3-4 years where you hope to gain requirements for a visa. Do you think this is even a remotely reasonable strategy in friendly Bulgaria?
Employers won't think you are qualified now, nor are they going to wait years for people to become qualified.

You wrote that you will get some certificates for programming and a portfolio and hope that these will bypass the degree requirement or experience requirement. They won't unless you have a decade in that portfolio (minus study years). The requirement is a proper degree or 10 years of experience (including time spent studying).
http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/appendix1.html#5

Unskilled labor in Japan is pitifully paid, rarely benefitted, often exploited (trainee visas), and generally not treated very well. Most are Brazilian or Asian. Read a few of these news articles from the past couple of years.
2003 (Russian presence)
http://gsti.miis.edu/CEAS-PUB/2003_Aka-Vass.pdf
atimes.com
atimes.com
2007 (by the biggest human rights activist in Japan)
http://japanfocus.org/products/details/2559
http://www.japanfocus.org/products/details/2520

It seams that you guys are not that optimistic ;) that's not good at all
For your situation, that's right. You are beginning to get the picture. 100% negative? No, but very much so.

Well the conflict here is my personal experiance and what you guys are telling me :)
In my experiance i whent and got two jobs in Sofia in Foreign companys not in bulgarian companys without any degree and all the people which waited on the interview HAD a degree and they didn't get the jobs. I did :)
I also whent in France and without a degree i DID get IT job but the company told me they will hire another person because my visa was still in the making after they put me trough some medical exams in France.

My plan is not to go NOW in Japan for 90 days and then come back in Bulgaria and start learning.My plan is to learn and get certificates and then go in Japan and try to find a company.

I didn't insult any jobs !!! How did you came up with that ? :)
I worked almost everything in my short life including the jobs you mentioned only without teaching.

Truth is that if i listen to you and never try i will njever get anything done :)
Just as if i have listened to my frind here who told me that i can't get a job in Sofia without a degree, even more so if i try to get a job in a foreign company in Sofia.
The facts are different thou and that's why i have a conflict with what you say.

Anyway this is getting pointless :) so i will try my best and i hope that things will work out for me.
Thank you again for the links and help YES i did read them.

Well the conflict here is my personal experiance and what you guys are telling me :)
OUR experience, not just what we are telling you, ok? You make our information sound like tall tales, which they are not. They are based on as much fact as you have back home.

In my experiance i whent and got two jobs in Sofia in Foreign companys not in bulgarian companys without any degree and all the people which waited on the interview HAD a degree and they didn't get the jobs. I did :)
I also whent in France and without a degree i DID get IT job but the company told me they will hire another person because my visa was still in the making after they put me trough some medical exams in France.
That was Bulgaria and France. We are giving you the story about Japan. Different, ok? Get used to it.

I didn't insult any jobs !!! How did you came up with that ? :)
You asked about common jobs. Karlyboo wrote about teaching, modeling, and bar work. Your first words after that post were:
Can't a foreigner get a "Normal persons job" in Japan ?
Pretty insulting to put "normal" in quotes. Either you were insulting the type of work or the people who have them. That was my take on it anyway. What the heck did[/i]you mean?

Truth is that if i listen to you and never try i will njever get anything done :)
No, wrong again. Truth is, if you listen to us, you will be more prepared to face what exists here. And, that is a pretty harsh road for a non-degreed foreigner who doesn't come from a native English speaking country. I'm not discriminating against you when I write that. I'm telling you what the situation is here. Yes, if you sit at your computer and do nothing but read this forum, you won't get very far, compared to reading the links I gave you, making contacts on your own, studying Japanese, going to school to get that necessary degree, or working to gain the necessary experience. Run your own life as you like, but people here are giving you the benefit of many years of experience living and working in Japan. Use it.

Just as if i have listened to my frind here who told me that i can't get a job in Sofia without a degree, even more so if i try to get a job in a foreign company in Sofia.
The facts are different thou and that's why i have a conflict with what you say.
The facts were different for you in Sofia (your homeland). They are precisely as I have laid them out for Japan.

By normal i mean a job that a normal person will work in japan :) not one that requires qualifications.I'm sorry that in your head that sounds like an insult :p
I doubt that 100% of the japanese have degrees and have 10+ years of experiance.
I also doubt that a company in Japan will not hire me and pay me less then a person with degree and so on :)
If what you say is true then 100% of the japanese and foreigners there must have all degrees and 10000 years fo experiance which is a fairytale for me.
I worked on 10000 different places and different jobs and the fact is that this is business and as long as it is profitable for the employer i will get a job with or without degree and with or without visa, here in bulgara in france and everywhere in the world.
I doubt that any of you tryed to search for a job while not having a degree or visa and that's why i doubt what you guys say :)
Anyway i might be 100% wrong.And that's ok with me :) i will try and i may fail.Nothing to worry about in my opinion.I will still have much more in my porfolio then now and thats going foreword not backwords.
I will try to come in Japan but if i fail BIG DEAL i don't care :)
I love Japan but if their policy is in fact that foreigner not friendly then God bless America hahah they are far more tollerant :p

By normal i mean a job that a normal person will work in japan :) not one that requires qualifications.I'm sorry that in your head that sounds like an insult :p
Teachers, models, and bartenders are normal people, don't you think? The insult still stands.

I doubt that 100% of the japanese have degrees and have 10+ years of experiance.
They don't need visas, which are the reason you need the degree or experience. Can't you get that through your head?

I also doubt that a company in Japan will not hire me and pay me less then a person with degree and so on :)
It happens in the teaching business, I can guarantee you that. As for other fields, I wouldn't know.

If what you say is true then 100% of the japanese and foreigners there must have all degrees and 10000 years fo experiance which is a fairytale for me.
As I wrote above, Japanese don't need degrees or experience for certain jobs simply because they are citizens here and don't need a visa (which holds those requirements). As for foreigners, I think I may have already explained that depending on the visa situation, you are right. People with spouse visa, dependent visa, student visa, cultural visa, and working holiday visa don't need a degree for their visas. Whether they need them for jobs is up to the employers. You don't seem to fit any of these visa categories (unless you go for the student or cultural visa). Don't get ticked off at my responses. They are simply the facts as Japan holds them.

I worked on 10000 different places and different jobs and the fact is that this is business and as long as it is profitable for the employer i will get a job with or without degree and with or without visa, here in bulgara in france and everywhere in the world.
I doubt it, but that's your opinion.

I doubt that any of you tryed to search for a job while not having a degree or visa and that's why i doubt what you guys say :)
That has not been my case, but I've giving you the benefit of 10 years of experience living here keeping my eyes open and ears to the ground. Disbelieve me if you like, but it won't change the situation.

I love Japan but if their policy is in fact that foreigner not friendly then God bless America hahah they are far more tollerant :p
I think if you check the immigration requirements for the USA, you will still find similar barriers. Good luck anyway.

I doubt that any of you tryed to search for a job while not having a degree or visa and that's why i doubt what you guys say
I take offense to that. I did and I failed and thats why I'm advising to get a freaking degree to make your life easier.
Now you're just being rude and mean to the people who are trying to help you.

It would be nice if any mod would lock this pointless thread.

Now you're just being rude and mean to the people who are trying to help you.
That's what usually happens on threads like this, when a poster wants something that is extremely difficult or impossible to get. Best we can do is give sound advice and explanations, and let the poster do what they please. They never seem to come back anyway with success stories. Haven't seen one in the 10 years I've been posting, anyway.

Hi,

when you come to another country, the chances are you do not speak perfectly the language, do not know local customs, and you will represent additional paperwork for the company who heres you (everywhere in the world, not just in Japan). If you do not fall into predefined visa categories, then the paperwork is just huge.

Basically, a company is taking a risk by hiring a foreigner. To compensate that risk, it will want proof of qualifications (diploma, recognized experience, maybe a degree in local language...).

Anyways, good luck, but I believe that with a few exceptions, you have as much change to get a normal job by coming ot Japan without a visa than to catch a big fish by randomly hitting the sea with a club.

Why Kirirao how nice of you to say that everythign writen in this thread is pointless :)

Once more thank you guys for helping me :)

This thread is going nowhere very fast. Dimitri, members have all told you what to expect, but your seem to ignore the advice. It is, as Kirirao san has pointed out, becoming pointless. Thread clsoed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom