What's new

Questions about scholarships and the mass communication field in Japan

Mikeru

後輩
2 Jun 2015
Hi all,

I am considering to make a detour in my education as I did not fare well studying academic subjects in what is the equivalent of a bar examination in my country, and I am now considering studying a diploma in Mass Communication, something that I am highly interested in since young but didn't decide on earlier. I am confident that I will do well if I studied this field, but unfortunately, due to the small geographical size and the oligopolistic nature of the main broadcast media firms, the demand for people with such talent in my country is low, and hence there are very few public universities that offer a course in Mass Communications. It is also very difficult to enter a public university in my country unless you have almost all-distinction grades; as of now, only 30% of the working population has obtained a degree from a local university.

I've recently come to learn of schemes in Japan such as the MEXT Scholarship and the Global 30 Project which supposedly largely cut down the language barrier and some of the costs of studying in Japan in the English medium, and am now wondering if I should try to ace my diploma and further my studies in Japan. If necessary, I might want to work in the media field outside my home country because I do find the career prospects for the media industry in my country stifling, and that the spaces for local universities in Singapore are limited, perhaps even more so than the already-competitive climate in Japan. Any advice and counsel will be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom