What's new

Help Proper resignation procedures for Teaching Position

Mrmachoman

Registered
22 Feb 2018
I currently work in a Juku but have found work with another company and will be resigning from my position. I searched online and found the template which I have attached as an image to this post. Could someone more knowledgeable and experienced than myself please confirm that this would be a suitable letter to give in to resign formally?

I also feel it might be necessary to send a second copy by registered mail so that I will have proof that I gave proper notice of resigning. Is this typically done here in Japan?

I completed my original 1 year contract and am in my second year with the company but I will be starting my new job the 1st of April, however the second contract would end officially in August of this year. My contract reads that I need to provide 30 days notice and I plan to do so.

I only have 2 weeks left of teaching my current students and I will finish the remaining hours. I have 19 days remaining of work leave, does anybody know if legally I am allowed to use those days and just come in to teach my remaining classes?

Attachments

• resign.PNG
    resign.PNG
    82.8 KB · Views: 188
I only have 2 weeks left of teaching my current students and I will finish the remaining hours. I have 19 days remaining of work leave, does anybody know if legally I am allowed to use those days and just come in to teach my remaining classes?

You mean, you want to take your 19 days of paid holidays right? Or, you want to use these to work instead? It is slightly vague from the way the question is phrased, BUT assuming you want to take the paid holidays, the answer is yes of course you are allowed to take paid holidays. These are yours to use (by law). This does not mean that a dodgy company, or a company who wants to be hostile towards an employee will not attempt to intimidate your or threaten to withhold those days from you. But if your contract or the company rules clearly state that you are entitled to those days, the company is obligated to let you use them.

You mean, you want to take your 19 days of paid holidays right? Or, you want to use these to work instead? It is slightly vague from the way the question is phrased, BUT assuming you want to take the paid holidays, the answer is yes of course you are allowed to take paid holidays. These are yours to use (by law). This does not mean that a dodgy company, or a company who wants to be hostile towards an employee will not attempt to intimidate your or threaten to withhold those days from you. But if your contract or the company rules clearly state that you are entitled to those days, the company is obligated to let you use them.

Thank you for your reply Majestic.

Do you know if the sample of the resignation form is also acceptable?

Thank you in advance.

Why not ask the personnel person where you work?

Thank you Mike Cash. The reason is that I haven't informed them that I will be resigning yet, My intention is to quit via the letter and so I am unable to ask anyone in my current job for assistance.

Do you know if the sample of the resignation form is also acceptable?
Yes that format is fine. You are supposed to fill in the blanks (or the circles and squares) with your relevant information. And that format presumes you are resigning from a company, so it may not be an exact fit for your situation, but the main text of the letter is fine.

Yes that format is fine. You are supposed to fill in the blanks (or the circles and squares) with your relevant information. And that format presumes you are resigning from a company, so it may not be an exact fit for your situation, but the main text of the letter is fine.

Thank you Majestic.

Back
Top Bottom