What's new

Preparing for the JLPT 1... how do did you do it?

Emoni

先輩
20 Sep 2003
I'm going to have to consider taking the JLPT Level 1 within the next few years. I have a few JLPT 1 books, not many really. A couple kanji books as well. Level 1 looks absolutely hellish in regards to difficulty level, even jumping from level 2.

How many here have passed it or are currently studying? What are you using, focusing on, and how are you progressing? Do you have any advice for someone who is preparing? I will be using Japanese materials later and may need to pass level 1 for scholarship opportunities after I start at the University of Tokyo so I wanted to check with those in the know.

Thanks for any recommendations.🙂

You may have to go to the directory here and make an advanced search....😌

2級合格できたねぇ~。

Last edited:
I have a few books that I've cracked open a few times, but it'd be good to actually set a goal for myself and take the test instead of let my language skills stagnate. Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion. A search for "JLPT" here should give you plenty of threads to sift through, though.

Is JLPT certification needed to move there or just for scholarships/schooling?
No. Not just to move there. It depends on the program, school or employer. There's no government required literacy test yet for any visa.

Back
Top Bottom