What's new

Pokemon season 1 with Japanese subtitles

Pingu

Registered
15 Nov 2015
Like the title says, I would like to start watching pokemon (anime series) with japanese subs for learning purposes. I've spent hours looking using google in english, but I got nothing. I've tried searching using Japanese, but not with much luck either, probably because my Japanese isnt quite good enough.
Does anyone know where I can find this? Any help is very much appreciated.

Japanese anime transcripts are indeed hard to find. I only know of two sites that offer them: this one and this one. The first has a number of Pokemon transcripts, but not of season 1. The second has nothing Pokemon-related at all...

Even so, you have to keep in mind that these subtitles are made by non-professionals, so even for the few ones that *are* available you have no guarantee that they are actually correct. Which is kind of desirable if you plan on learning from them and asking questions about them. (My personal experience has been pretty terrible and ended up with wasting people's time analyzing nonsense :whistling:)

Also, the fact that there exist third party transcripts for Pokemon at all suggests that there are no official ones. You might just be out of luck here.

Looks like you are correct :/ I guess I'll just have to wait a while, and hopefully I can watch the first seasons without subs once I've improved a bit.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom