What's new

Planning to learn Japanese

ffrost_nova622 said:
SIX LANGUAGES?????????????????????????????? :? whoa....pretty impressive i only know two which is english n canto :p lol
I learn those all at school.I holland we get at least 3 languages and how higher the level of school the more languages.
I learn:
Dutch(native language)
German
English
Latin
French
(old)Greek

CC1 said:
C'mon BamaFan! Your like me, you know at least two languages already! I know English and Redneck! :D

Not willingly, haha. But those six are quite impressive!! At our school we have French 1-3 and Spanish 1 and 2 (maybe 2 or 3). I wish we had Japanese sooo bad!!!

Japanese seems to be pretty rare as a language that is open in schools or lower level colleges sadly. I had to wait till I got to a full university before I could continue beyond the lowest levels.

Keep on studying guys. I'm impressed by Bama so far, he looks like he is still chugging along just fine and hasn't given up. Nice job, don't stop because if you keep it up you'll eventually be near fluent in 5 or so years if you work hard enough.

spellekubus said:
I learn those all at school.I holland we get at least 3 languages and how higher the level of school the more languages.
I learn:
Dutch(native language)
German
English
Latin
French
(old)Greek
😭 Stupid schools in the south. I wish our schools were like that. Good to here you're well on your way to becoming a polyglot. :)

katakana

hey spell im gonna scan in the katakana one today

the only reason why i wanted to learn japanese was because i sometimes look at hentai manga, n i wanna get hooked up woth some hot japanese girls :p (NOT GANGURO ones)

Well, I would rather not. But, whatever. LOL, If you can't tell we know each other. Again not willingly haha, but we do. He is ok, don't flame him ^_^

I started a year and a half ago...

Learning japanese is a fun thing to do, though after a while it can make you feel crosseyed. 😌 When i started, my college's japanese program just switched to a new series of books, called Genki, their site is www.genki-online.com and it's worth checking out. there's flash cards online for you to practice the three alphabets, hiragana, katakana, and the first two books (i'm not sure if there's more on the way) worth of kanji. It follows the story of a girl going to study abroad, which is a little entertaining... and it also has CDs you can purchase with it, so you can make sure you're pronouncing and hearing things the way you should.

If you're really interested, here's the ISBN numbers for both books :
Genki: An Integrated Course In Elementary Japanese (I)
ISBN4-7890-0963-7

Genki: An Integrated Course In Elementary Japanese (II)
ISBN4-7890-0982-3

Great books, definitely check them out!

I know I big party of hiragana now.But I wont learn new letters the coming 3 days.I just keep practicing the letters I know now untill i master them completely.

you can proboly go to a book store and get something like learn jappanese on tape or you can get a similar comuter program.

Fantt said:
If you can spend a little bit of money ($10.17), THIS is exactly what you need. It's how I learned the Kana. Somewhere there's a version of this book that has both the Hiragana and the Katakana book together in one volume, but I can't find that on Amazon...
I found the combined version at my local Border's today. Its about $15. Looks good. Thanks for the tip 🙂

Back
Top Bottom