What's new

Other Languages! =000

Tomii515

やった~!
16 Feb 2006
Umm... hello! 👍

Well, I know a lot of people here are from different countries, and so, I wanted to know what languages everyone speaks/is learning! Maybe, if you're learning a language, someone can help you/learn with you~! :)

Hmm

Well, as you probably know, I'm learning Japanese (well i guess you'd only know that if you've seen me on the forums.), but it's not the only language I'm learning.

I'm learning Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, and French. I have French in school, and the rest I'm teaching myself.

Umm... Well, I have a lot of Korean friends and i have some friedns who are learning Korean. I have a lot of Japanese friends (but more Koreans) and a lot of friends who 'want' to learn japanese or 'are learning' japanese.

I have like 3 Vietnamese friend, and no one who is learning it... :eek:

And as for French, well that in school so i dont have to worry about that lol😌

So... what languages are you learning/speak?! =0

(I speak English btw :p haha)

-Tommy

p.s. If ANYONE is learning/speaks Vietnamese, PLEASE study with me, or if you speak it as a native, maybe you can help! =D 😌

p.s. If ANYONE is learning/speaks Vietnamese, PLEASE study with me, or if you speak it as a native, maybe you can help! =D 😌
Why would you want to study with someone learning it ? :p There's a guy at work that is learning Vietnamese although just that's because his ex-girl is from there and they have a daughter together.

How someone without those connections could be so interested is hard for me to know...でも、めいめい自分の好みがあるね (Each to his own taste...) :)

Heheh Elizabeth XD

For Vietnamese, I wanted ot learn a tonal language, and I didn't want to learn the Chinese characters and Vietnamese was the easiest to write. And I like the accent marks

yay! tiếng việt

Viet. I bet that is hard to learn actually as for french i think you will learn that pretty easy as its not really a hard language to learn i learnt it in school over years and picked it up really easily.
I currently speak
Japanese
Tagalog
and i can write in korean.
Good luck with your learning!

Ah love languages, native language is English, but i know French, Arabic, Dutch, Urdu/Hindi, Gujrati, Nepalese, Panjabi, Kashmiri,Patohari, Portugese, German and random bits of other European languages like Serbo-Croat, Italian etc.
I had a strange childhood thats why i learned loads, won't go into it here.
Would love to learn Mandarin, Korean, Japanese,Latin, Spanish, Tamil and billions of others but I don't have time, urgh.

I used to be able to speak Russian and Burmese as a kid but forgot through lack of use unfortunately.

Wow, kool!

Actually, Vietnamese isn't that hard to learn. Just the pronunciation is a bit tricky. It has 12 vowels, a lot of diphthongs & triphthongs, 6 tones, and the consonannts change whether you're in hanoi or saigon. O_O I'm trying to learn Hanoi pronunciation, becasue it's easier and more exact, whereas Saigon's pronunciation for vowels change... ugh, it's complicated. Hanoi's vowels are easier, and Saigon's consonannts are easier (to tell apart). In hanoi there are like 3 consonants that sound a like and then a couple more that are exactly alike. Like, d, r, and gi all sound like 'z', ch and tr sound like 'ch', and 's' and 'x' sound like 's'. But in Saigon, there are all different. O_O

anyways XD

Well,,i speak Netherlands myself.
Im bizzy to learn Japans^^
Konnichiwa,Thirsa Desu.
Ogenki desu ka?
Genki desu^^

Sayounara^^

🙂

I took french in high school, but I barely remember any of it since I never use it. I knew a bit of korean, but I have forgotten most too.

I took french in high school, but I barely remember any of it since I never use it. I knew a bit of korean, but I have forgotten most too.

Ohh that sucks >_<

You should try learning it again! I'm sure if you starting learning again, it would all come back to you :)

Besides my mother language Dutch, I speak English, French, some German and some Japanese. Im happy with the amount of languages I know, but I still want to learn Spanish because I may do some voluntary work in Ecuador in the future and Spanish is known to be a pretty international language.

I study French at school but it goes very hardly to me .And I learning English almost be my self ,but probably you don't care that

My native language is English, I studied French in early highschool then forgot it all as I switched to German class...now I barely remember any of my German xD I think I'll start teaching myself German all over again :p. I want to study Japanese and maybe Dutch too xP

hooray =D lol Well, good luck with you German, Dutch, and Japanese O_O lol

I personally don't like German or Dutch :p

Speaking English, Dutch, French and German, learning Japanese, gave up on Spanish and Italian.

Generally understanding Spanish though.

languages

I'm in the middle of learning German in school. So far I've taken a year and a half of it, soon to be two and half years. Outside of school though, I'll be learning Japanese, I've signed up for a class. The bad thing though is that I dont really have anyone to speak to in Japanese or German in my town, well except for this woman who moved here from Germany and is friends with my mom. So, if anyone wishes to speak to me in German, I'd be very happy, because I love conversing in German. When I learn Japanese, anyone who knows Japanese, feel free to converse with me

I speak english. I learned spanish in school and I still pick up some things occasionally. I know a little german, enough to get by but not enough to hold a conversation. When I was still in highschool I was trying to teach myself gaelic and that was the hardest thing I'd ever tried to do. I sort of gave up on it which makes me sad. I want to learn japanese very much and I'd love to learn russian!🙂

Back
Top Bottom