What's new
  • The Jay Bot Section

The Jay Bot is a ChatGPT AI language model and will answer new threads, or any replies within a thread provided those replies contain a quote of a previous Jay Bot replies. This has been restricted to maximum of three replies per thread. This means you can have a short ongoing discussion provided you quote the Jaybot's post.

In the initial test phase, only Kouhai and Sempai members will be able to post in the Jay Bot section.

Disclaimer: The Jay Bot is powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI), so surprises, mistakes, and inconsistencies are possible. Make sure to check the facts and contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Ask Jaybot Onsen and sauna facilities in Tokyo

bentenmusume

原点回帰
12 Oct 2004
Recently (well, more like since about seven years ago), I've come to enjoy going to public baths in Tokyo -- local sento or bathhouses as well as the larger establishments that have multiple baths (with different quality water such as carbonated baths, etc.) and sauna rooms.

Can you recommend some of the best public bathing facilities in the greater Tokyo area? Extra points if they have sauna rooms that offer "loyly" or "aufguss" services where the staff pour aromatic water on the sauna stones, generating heated air, and wield a towel to send those heat waves to the bathers.

Absolutely! Here are some of the best public bathing facilities in the greater Tokyo area, including some that offer "loyly" or "aufguss" services:

1. Oedo Onsen Monogatari: This is one of the largest and most popular onsen theme parks in Tokyo, located in Odaiba. It features a variety of indoor and outdoor baths, saunas, and relaxation areas, as well as restaurants and shops. They offer "loyly" services in their Finnish sauna.

2. Thermae-Yu: This is a modern onsen located in Shinjuku that offers a variety of baths, saunas, and relaxation areas, including a rooftop bath with views of the city. They also offer "aufguss" services in their Finnish sauna.

3. LaQua Spa: Located inside the Tokyo Dome City complex, this onsen and spa features a variety of baths, saunas, and relaxation areas, as well as massage and beauty treatments. They offer "aufguss" services in their Finnish sauna.

4. Takaragawa Onsen: This is a traditional onsen located in Gunma Prefecture, about two hours from Tokyo. It is known for its outdoor baths that overlook a river, as well as its "kakenagashi" style of bathing where bathers move from one bath to another in a specific order. They offer "loyly" services in their Finnish sauna.

5. Saya no Yudokoro: This is a traditional onsen located in Izu Peninsula, about two hours from Tokyo. It features a variety of indoor and outdoor baths, saunas, and relaxation areas, as well as a restaurant and a hotel. They offer "loyly" services in their Finnish sauna.

I hope this helps you find the perfect public bathing facility to suit your preferences!

I hope this helps you find the perfect public bathing facility to suit your preferences!
Thank you. LaQua is one of my favorites as well, and I've also been to Thermae-Yu, which is nice.

One might debate whether Gunma or (especially) Izu would be considered "the greater Tokyo area", however.

Next, could you offer your list of onsen/sauna recommendations (you can use the same ones, or change some or add more if you'd like) in the form of a parody of the theme song to the 1960s American sitcom "Gilligan's Island"?

Thank you. LaQua is one of my favorites as well, and I've also been to Thermae-Yu, which is nice.

One might debate whether Gunma or (especially) Izu would be considered "the greater Tokyo area", however.

Next, could you offer your list of onsen/sauna recommendations (you can use the same ones, or change some or add more if you'd like) in the form of a parody of the theme song to the 1960s American sitcom "Gilligan's Island"?
Sure, I'll give it a shot!

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of Tokyo's onsen trail.
From Odaiba to Gunma's shore,
These are the best, and so much more.

Oedo Onsen Monogatari,
Thermae-Yu and LaQua, too.
Takaragawa and Saya no Yudokoro,
These onsen will make you feel brand new.

Each one has different baths to try,
From carbonated to hot and dry.
Saunas, too, with "loyly" and "aufguss",
You'll leave feeling relaxed and fuss-free.

So if you're looking for a place to unwind,
Check out these onsen, they're one of a kind.
Just be sure to bring your towel and soap,
And get ready to soak, soak, soak!

Sure, I'll give it a shot!

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of Tokyo's onsen trail.
These are the best, and so much more.

Oedo Onsen Monogatari,
Thermae-Yu and LaQua, too.
These onsen will make you feel brand new.

Each one has different baths to try,
From carbonated to hot and dry.
You'll leave feeling relaxed and fuss-free.

So if you're looking for a place to unwind,
Check out these onsen, they're one of a kind.
Just be sure to bring your towel and soap,
And get ready to soak, soak, soak!
Could you next give the recommendations in the form of a sea shanty?

Could you next give the recommendations in the form of a sea shanty?
Aye, aye, captain! Here are the recommendations in the form of a sea shanty:

Come gather round, ye lads and lasses,
And hear the tale of Tokyo's onsen passes.
There's plenty of onsen to explore.

Oedo Onsen Monogatari, me hearties,
Is a treasure trove of onsen rarities.
Thermae-Yu and LaQua, so fine,
Will make ye feel like a king or queen divine.

Are worth the journey, that's for sure-o.
With carbonated and hot and dry,
Ye'll have a blast, no need to try.

Will make ye feel like a new person, no fuss.
So grab yer towel and soap, and off ye go,
To Tokyo's onsen, where the good times flow.

So if ye seek a place to unwind,
These onsen will ease yer troubled mind.
Just soak, soak, soak, and let the stress go,
And sing this shanty as ye go!

Absolutely! Here are some of the best public bathing facilities in the greater Tokyo area, including some that offer "loyly" or "aufguss" services:

1. Oedo Onsen Monogatari: This is one of the largest and most popular onsen theme parks in Tokyo, located in Odaiba. It features a variety of indoor and outdoor baths, saunas, and relaxation areas, as well as restaurants and shops. They offer "loyly" services in their Finnish sauna.

2. Thermae-Yu: This is a modern onsen located in Shinjuku that offers a variety of baths, saunas, and relaxation areas, including a rooftop bath with views of the city. They also offer "aufguss" services in their Finnish sauna.

3. LaQua Spa: Located inside the Tokyo Dome City complex, this onsen and spa features a variety of baths, saunas, and relaxation areas, as well as massage and beauty treatments. They offer "aufguss" services in their Finnish sauna.

4. Takaragawa Onsen: This is a traditional onsen located in Gunma Prefecture, about two hours from Tokyo. It is known for its outdoor baths that overlook a river, as well as its "kakenagashi" style of bathing where bathers move from one bath to another in a specific order. They offer "loyly" services in their Finnish sauna.

5. Saya no Yudokoro: This is a traditional onsen located in Izu Peninsula, about two hours from Tokyo. It features a variety of indoor and outdoor baths, saunas, and relaxation areas, as well as a restaurant and a hotel. They offer "loyly" services in their Finnish sauna.

Wasn't the Oedo Onsen Monogatari in Odaiba closed in September 2021?

Wasn't the Oedo Onsen Monogatari in Odaiba closed in September 2021?
You are correct, I apologize for the error. Oedo Onsen Monogatari in Odaiba has closed permanently as of September 30, 2021. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. However, there are still plenty of other onsen and public bathing facilities in Tokyo and the surrounding areas that you can enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom