What's new

Online kanji knowledge test

nwind

NWind
8 Apr 2005
I'm not so long ago made site, where you cat test your kanji knowledge level. I'll be happy, if you say me any suggestions or mistakes.
Site have English and Russian language support (it's switched in upper right corner).
Thanks.
Oh! Url is kanji.dersu.ru :)

Welcome aboard !

Hey, welcome to the forum, NWind !
Good job on the kanji tests; friendly feedback lets me learn instantly.
It's a nice place to learn a little Russian, too. ;)
Hope you enjoy the forum, and make some friends, too.

Last edited:
Hi nwind ! Welcome to Japan Reference ! 🙂

Nice works with this kanji test site. I found a few mistakes in English :

Choise => should be "choice"

There is .. correct answers => should be "there are .. correct answers".

"This site was created for people, who want learn more about Japanase character and test their knowleges."
=> should be "This site was created for people who want to learn more about Japanese characters and test their knowledge."

"Kanji-test use kanji dictionary by James Breen. Test include more than 6000 symbols. About 2500 symbols sorted by frequensy of appear in press or speach"
=> should be "Kanji-test uses the kanji dictionary by James Breen. Tests include more than 6000 symbols. About 2500 symbols sorted by frequency of appearance in the press or spoken language"

"Don't forget, that for correct displaying japanes characters"
=> should be "Don't forget, that to display correctly japanese characters"

"Kanji-test uses the kanji dictionary by James Breen. Tests include more than 6000 symbols. About 2500 symbols sorted by frequency of appearance in the press or spoken language"
The kanji test uses James Breen's kanji dictionary which includes more than 6000 characters. About 2500 of the characters are sorted by frequency of appearance in the press or spoken language.

"Don't forget, that to display correctly japanese characters"
Don't forget, that to display Japanese characters correctly (you need to etc.)

Welcome to the forum, I hope you have loads of fun. Also, I loved your site. Great idea!

-Jeff

Oh, great thanks for all of you. Looks like it's a very friendly forum. All mistakes I 'll correct soon, I guess. Especially english. :))
I want add to site examination of reading (kun and on both), I thing it's will be more usefull than only meaning, ne? :)
And just one problem - I'm doing my degree work now, so I often "totemo isogasii". But I think it's will be resolved soon. :)

Very nice site nwind. Great for review and refreshing one's knowledge of Kanji.

nwind said:
I want add to site examination of reading (kun and on both), I thing it's will be more usefull than only meaning, ne?
Yes, it would also be useful if maybe you could add the pronunciation in furigana above or below the Kanji as some of us, like myself, may have forgotten how it's pronounced although we know it's meaning in English.

Yep. And how do you think, it will be enought to show/write/testing only most used reading of kanji, or all of them?

That's a cool kanji test site.

I have one too - for JLPT levels 2-4 - kanji and grammar; all the tests were made using Hot Potatoes. For the kanji tests you can enter the kana reading (which I think is the best way to practise) or an English meaning.
If anyone would check them out and let me have any comments that would be cool.

Japanese Language Proficiency Test - kanji tests

goofy2feet said:
That's a cool kanji test site.
I have one too - for JLPT levels 2-4 - kanji and grammar; all the tests were made using Hot Potatoes.
Yeah... Your also good. Especially I like that becouse it's work even when I'm offline. It's very good, becouse cost for internet access still very high there. :)
Thanks!

Hello, nwind!
Your kanji site is very nice! I like it!!
The kanji site is so enjoyable though I am Japanese.
Because Japanese people can learn English words from your kanji test.
I think it is good approach to express Kanji as one English word.
I am looking forward to updating your site.

Haha, I'm even couldn't imagine this way of site usage. :) About updates... I added Guestbook, so feeback will be stronger, I hope.

Cool, I have two more sites for my Japanese Favourites folder! These are both better than the kanji testers I have used before!
:inlove:

Interesting.
But to me, memorization of meanings of kanji poses no problem. My problem is with pronunciation of Japanese kanji.

Tonysoong said:
Interesting.
But to me, memorization of meanings of kanji poses no problem. My problem is with pronunciation of Japanese kanji.
Yep. For me too... But! I have now much more free time, becouse I'm finally graduated from university (waiting for congratulations :D ) and after little rest I'm going to add pronuncation test.

Congratulations, NWInd ! 👍
Take it easy now, as there are many Japanese readings than there are Chinese readings, many, many more ! :D:D:D

Error in 'kan' character on website

The 'kan' character that you are using is wrong by having 1 stroke too many.
Also, the curved line should not protrude above the top of the rectangle.

In reality, the character on your webpage is a traditional chinese character, not a Japanese one.

Mahoujin Tsukai said:
The 'kan' character that you are using is wrong by having 1 stroke too many.
Hm... Which one 'kan' character do you mean? Say me english meaning of this kanji and I'll try to handle this situation.

Sorry to nitpick and be pedantic, but that's Jim Breen's kanji dictionary, not James Breen...
but nice looking site, nwind.

rafe said:
Sorry to nitpick and be pedantic, but that's Jim Breen's kanji dictionary, not James Breen...
Jim isn't familiar variant of James, as I suppose earlier?

rafe said:

I noticed that it should be Jim too. I let it go before since I thought the same way you did. I looked around his site though and I haven't seen him called James anywhere. He even put on his home page "Name: Jim Breen". It seems like he prefers to be called Jim Breen.

Heh yeah, not at all a big deal... but since not only do I use his site extensively, and think he's done a great service to Japanese learners everywhere with it, but he also works at my university... I decided to do the man a bit of justice.

Good news!!!

Finally I made kanji-reading test! There on- and kun-reading both available.
Now it's runned in something like "test" mode, becouse I tomorrow have gone to Ryazan (nice city) for a week or about to have some rest. 👍

P.S.
I changed also James to Jim. :)

Sorry, site temporary inaccessible.

I have temporary troubles with hosting, so site temporary inaccessible... :(
And most likely adress will be changed.

Back
Top Bottom