What's new

Okinawa

KarinaMaria

後輩
26 May 2008
Hey,
The 20th of june I'm going to Okinawa on a vacation.
My Boyfriend and I have 10 days to discover the Island Okinawa.
Do anybody have any experience from travilling in Okinawa? What is worth seeing?
And how serious is the rain in this periode (20-30th june)?
I'm looking forward to read the respons :)

Waaaauv! Thank you very much for all the links - unfortunately some of the links are only in japenes - in my browser all japenese signs looks like this: ツ、ツ、##!!

Anyway I read about the fruit and I'm already looking forward to see and taste them.

Hiroyuki gave you some good advice. Go see Shuri castle, then also put the Churaumi aquarium on your list and while you are up that way visit the pinapple farms and taste some pinapple wine. Take the ferry over to Ie Shima for a nice little day trip. It will be very hot and humid when you visit, so dress accordingly.

As he said, the rain should be over by then, but typhoon season is still on. Enjoy your trip.

Because I forgot it, I add it.
chinmi of Okinawa.
* "chinmi" is a japanese term meaning "rare taste".
Chinmi - Wikipedia
"Tofuyo"
"Umibudo"
Please do a challenge.
Other,
Liquor of Okinawa is "Awa mori".
Awamori - Wikipedia

Beer to be able to drink only in Okinawa
It is Orion Breweries.
Orion Breweries - Wikipedia
We can observe a beer factory.
http://www.orionbeer.co.jp/factory/tour.html

A Japanese Web site,
Please try to use this translation site.
http://translation.infoseek.co.jp/?ac=Web&lng=en

The Yaeyama islands are outstanding

Hey,

if you have some time to spare in Okinawa, it is probably worthwhile heading to the Yaeyama islands. The archipelago has very different islands, from the sandy and flat Taketomi to the jungle Iriomote. It is probably more expensive (as you will have to take the plane to Ishigaki, the main island of the archipelago), but definitely more interesting than staying on the main island.

A few pictures are posted on the link above.

Back
Top Bottom