What's new

Looking for a place to stay in Okinawa

dvyne80

後輩
15 Feb 2007
I'm wanting something cheap in Ginowan... was considering a hostel but i've never stayed in one before so i'm wondering if anyone can let me know about them?

I've seen heaps in Naha... but I don't want to stay down there.

thanx

I'm wanting something cheap in Ginowan... was considering a hostel but i've never stayed in one before so i'm wondering if anyone can let me know about them?
I've seen heaps in Naha... but I don't want to stay down there.
thanx

There are not a lot of hotels in the Ginowan area. The ones that are there are not very cheap either. Is there any particular reason you dont want to stay in Naha? There are accomodations available there that are pretty cheap but then again it depends on what time of year you are planning to come here.

As it gets closer to "on-season" the rates jump considerably along with the availablity of cheap(er) accomodations going down as well.

thanx for the reply...

yeah i couldn't off hand think of anything in Ginowan...

I didn't want to stay in Naha because it's just a little far to travel as I'll be spending most of my time in The Ginowan area and I'm not really familar with naha

do you know of any hostels on gate 2 street?

thanx for the reply...
yeah i couldn't off hand think of anything in Ginowan...
I didn't want to stay in Naha because it's just a little far to travel as I'll be spending most of my time in The Ginowan area and I'm not really familar with naha
do you know of any hostels on gate 2 street?

I read your post on the jobs thread and gave you an answer there about that one. I honestly have not heard of any, but that doesnt mean that they dont exist. Let me check. There are a number of hotels in that area off Moromi near Roger's but they are probably in the 6,000, to 10,000 yen per night kind of hotels.

There is the "other" option of staying at the Love hotels for about 3,500 a night if you really "need" a place. Do you know the one's near A&W in Yagibaru, close to the Awase golf course?

yeah i'm not up for 10,000 a night... I might just wing it and see what I can find when I get there

yeap I know of those love hotels... hahaha... some are pretty funky...

yeah i'm not up for 10,000 a night... I might just wing it and see what I can find when I get there
yeap I know of those love hotels... hahaha... some are pretty funky...
What's your budget look like? For how many days?

well I'm gunna be there for about 3 weeks... my budget isn't great but if I have to adjust then I will... I was looking at those hostels in naha and they're like $16 a day it's share though... and i dunno if i'm keen on that

Hi,
There is a little guest house place just down the road from me, it is in Oyama,
Ginowan. I could try and find out how much it is this week-end if you want,
never actually seen anyone stay there before though. Just near Jimmy's.

oh really? Thank you that would be fantastic if you could!!

I know where Jimmy's is... but don't know of the guest house

THANK YOU!!

No, probably no one knows of that Guest House, it is a little off the
beaten track!
I also noticed there is quite a few weekly mansions now in Hamby Town,
and I noticed a sign saying' Dormitory rooms' as I drove by Hamby today,
but that may be sharing, it all depends how busy they are I guess.
I will let you know or send you a pm if I find anything good!

No, probably no one knows of that Guest House, it is a little off the
beaten track!
I also noticed there is quite a few weekly mansions now in Hamby Town,
and I noticed a sign saying' Dormitory rooms' as I drove by Hamby today,
but that may be sharing, it all depends how busy they are I guess.
I will let you know or send you a pm if I find anything good!

When you manage to find it could you PM me the telephone # of the guest house please. It is always handy to know of places like that.

The weekly mansions can get expensive. Depending on the company that is renting them. I hope you can find them a "cheap" one.

thanx again... I really appreciate your time and effort!!

also it's just going to be for me... i'm coming over alone

would that affect the price?

Base Guest House Okinawa

You may or may not be interested in this but i thought if others we looking at this thread they might be. Picked up this flier along the way somewhere.
Base Okinawa Guest House
1 Stay 1,000yen
US $10 Per Night
098-868-2968
baseokinawa.net
1-17-5 Wakasa NAHA-City OKINAWA
cheers Jay and Simone

You may or may not be interested in this but i thought if others we looking at this thread they might be. Picked up this flier along the way somewhere.
Base Okinawa Guest House
1 Stay 1,000yen
US $10 Per Night
098-868-2968
baseokinawa.net
1-17-5 Wakasa NAHA-City OKINAWA
cheers Jay and Simone

Thanks for sharing that I am "logging" it into my cell as I type...yeah I know how the heck can I do that as I am typing right?!:)

I am looking for a place to stay in or near Ginowan also. I'd love to get the name of that little known guest house Thistle.

Ill make a point of checking it tomorrow, see if it is sill open and running, folks,
had no idea there would be so much interest!
If not Im sure I can find something in Hamby Town, between Ginowan and
Chatan.👍

I'm sorry but that little guest house seems to have closed down.
But I did find somewhere today, there is a place just outside 'Araha Beach'
in Hamby Town. They call it a 'day manshion' but it isn't, it is kind of like
a guest house, I had a look at the room and it was clean and pretty small of course, there is a communal room tables, internet and a fridge, where you
can bring things in to eat.. The toilet and showers are shared though.
It is 3,000 or 3,500 yen per night. The cheaper room is smaller and has no window! The tel. no. is 098-936-8600 and it is called 'Arapana'. They don't speak english though, so you'd have to have someone reserve it in japanese.
If you need any more help or anything pls pm me. Meanwhile if I find anywhere which is cheaper than that I'll let you know.

Videos about Okinawa

Before you go to Okinawa you should check out my videos. I was there for over a month and shot over 20 hours of footage that I am turning into 90 second podcasts. There should be about 25 of them by the time I'm done.
You can see the videos at:
agilehDOTcomSLASHokinawaDOThtml (you can find the link in my profile)

Incase anyone checks into this thread, I wanted to throw the website JapanUpdate.com on here. It helped me out tremendously when I was moving to Japan (about the time I posted the last time on this thread). You can look for roomates on there and everything. You can even post there that you are looking for a room to rent for a month or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom