What's new

Next Generation Super Sonic Transport

Dogen Z

aka YOSUQUE
23 Apr 2007
JAXA's 2 recent splendid achievements, Hayabusa and Ikaros, have given me hope for one of it's other projects, a next generation super sonic transport without the noise and other environmental problems of the Concord by 2015. Imagine Tokyo to L.A. in just a couple of hours, or spending a long weekend in both Hong Kong and San Francisco. Boogles the mind!

But JAXA, if you're listening, what I'm really waiting for are sub-orbital flights so that I could go to London in an hour.

JAXA's 2 recent splendid achievements, Hayabusa and Ikaros, have given me hope for one of it's other projects, a next generation super sonic transport without the noise and other environmental problems of the Concord by 2015. Imagine Tokyo to L.A. in just a couple of hours, or spending a long weekend in both Hong Kong and San Francisco. Boogles the mind!
But JAXA, if you're listening, what I'm really waiting for are sub-orbital flights so that I could go to London in an hour.
Supersonic Transport Team
By 2015, supersonic transport team will have created the world's most advanced super/hyper-sonic civil aircraft technologies.
http://www.apg.jaxa.jp/eng/research/stt/stt-index.html
The project was launched in 1997, and tested twice during 2005 in Australian dessert.
test211-1.jpg

sst_demonstrator-1.jpg

Silent supersonic technology demonstrator
M5_hypersonic_transport-1.jpg

sht_demonstrator-1.jpg

Concept image of Mach 5 hypersonic transport

Back
Top Bottom