What's new

New team member: nice gaijin

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Dear valued Members,

we are very pleased to announce that @nice gaijin has joined the JREF team as a moderator.

Nice gaijin signed up to the Japan Forum in 2005 and has been contributing ever since, sharing his vast experience gathered not only during his extended sojourns in Japan but also in Korea and China.

We are delighted to have him on board and hope you will all give him a warm welcome!

I now leave the stage to the man himself (hoping he'll find this thread)! 🙂

Thank you, @thomas! It's an honor. 🙏

For those that don't know me, I was introduced to this site shortly after my first trip to Japan in 2005, my first time abroad. I was trying to decide whether I wanted to study there for a year, and upon my return, I immediately submitted my applications. I had my pick of programs and settled on Waseda, and it was one of the most impactful and life-changing decisions I've made to date. Japan quickly became a second home, with a growing roster of second families throughout the years. I just went back through my photos to calculate my carbon footprint, and I've made 9 or 10 trips to Japan since that first tentative step out of my well.

I've been participating on several internet forums since the late '90s, back before social media stole the thunder, and come to think of it, eventually moderated nearly all of them as well. JREF is now the only board I visit with any consistency, and I don't expect that to change. I just looked back through the archive and found my introduction thread; some very special folks were the first to respond to me. I thank you all for being a part of this journey.

これからもどうぞよろしくお願いします!

Wow, what a nice decision! I still remember your kind replies to me when I joined JREF, nice gaijin-san!!

Back
Top Bottom