What's new

Such'n'such member deserve_ respect

You can be singular or plural, depending on how you're using it at the time.
Maybe that explains it. Maybe "you" is grammatically always plural even if it's not always semantically such!

'You' can be singular or plural. 'I' is also singular and also doesn't take the 's'.

Only the 'third person' singular takes it - he, she and it.

And you two doesn't know how to use punctuation to distinguish grammatical points from normal speech!!

🙏

I think I is pretty grammatical!

You can say, speaking about the word "you": "You" is _______" Or "I" is __________" But of course in normal speech - "you are" or "I am", "he is". What about "he ain't"?

Lol, just found this old thread again 🙂

I think I is pretty grammatical!

I think 'you' is pretty grammatical too, Sarapva!

And, don't forget that sage advice from the song by the E-zee Posse - everything begins with an e!!

made of wordplay :)

I don't know E-zee Posse - is it a British group?

I think so Sarapva, but i'm not really sure, it was just something that came to me when I read your post, (popped into the consciousness, if you will!)...in any case i'd like to safely say that 'one-hit-wonders' doesn't start with an 'e' but then again the way this thread has been progressing, I wouldn't be all that surprised!! 😊

For what it's worth, I do seem to remember that E-Zee Posse had something to do with Boy George of Culture Club fame, before he took to cleaning the streets of NYC...😌

I remember Culture Club (don't know if it's British or American, though) - it was popular here for a while. Interestingly, it was very popular in Sri Lanka in the '80s! Sorry - this is off-topic from correct grammar!

Back
Top Bottom