What's new

ichimarnold

Registered
17 Feb 2014
Hi, my name is mike arnold, 26 years old, from England.
I started learning japanese a month ago with the 'yesjapan' books from zero.
Things are going well but i want to do a course for japanese without;
1)spending two years at college doing something i don't enjoy to be able to go to university
2)Travelling every single day for hundreds of miles.

I want to do an open university for it, which i guess you just study at home online and do their course but i cannot find any company or university that does this in the whole of england... I've been looking so far for 7 hours today and found nothing. Is it possible?
Interests in Japan:Manga,Hardcore metal,Fighting games+ it sounds very nice and distinct. Thank you! :)

Welcome!

Do you need to get credit for your studying? You might be better served to simply study and try to pass one of the Japanese proficiency tests.

Welcome!

Do you need to get credit for your studying? You might be better served to simply study and try to pass one of the Japanese proficiency tests.

credit? money? I have a full time job at the moment and ツ≫??000 in the bank, i don't know how much i would need. Japanese proficiency tests? what do you mean+where?

If you study at a university, you get university credits, or whatever you'd call it in England.

My question was why you'd want to take a university course rather than just try self study or go to a language center to get lessons.

If you study at a university, you get university credits, or whatever you'd call it in England.

My question was why you'd want to take a university course rather than just try self study or go to a language center to get lessons.

closest language center = 80 miles there and back home. cant afford to do that all the time =[

In that case, just buy a text book aimed at English speakers. You don't need a teacher to learn the basics. Once you hit mid-level, things will get more complicated, and then it will be necessary. But I think you could go almost a year studying on your own. Depends on your motivation...

Back
Top Bottom