What's new

Need your feedback!!

Okay, here's a test page. How do you like it?

http://www.japanbanner.net

😌

Last edited:
Just an update:

I finished revamping the Japan Banner Exchange and Topsites Japan.

Still a lot of work ahead. 😌

An idea: since you are using a design standardization approach to the different websites, why not color code them? I mean, for the JapanBanner.net keep the bordeux color on the top header, use a dark orange for Topsites, and so on. I don't know if this is an easy thing to do since I'm not familiar with the scripts you are using.

P.s. What can I say? I don't want you to feel idle. :D:D:D:D

That's an excellent suggestion, Luis! Once I've ported over the directory to LinksSQL and finished the redesign, I'll think of colour themes. Idle, welp, 24 hours a day just aren't enough.

;)

As a noob, I can only give you my initial impressions to date. So far, I like what i've seen in terms of aesthetic quailities. The Kabocha colored background is easy on the eyes as well. Although i'm still learning my way around, in terms of user friendliness the board is very easy to navigate and I am always only a few clicks away from getting to wherever I want to go. All in all, a great site. Keep up the good work to all those involved :cool:

I love kabocha, but I have never associated our background colour with it, lol. What a pity, because it will soon be white again. The new design will lean more towards wabi sabi.

@ Thomas, go with whatever is right for the forum!! At the minute, Yea it's easy on the eye and easy to get around, which for the likes of me (first timer) its an excellent forum lay-out, how-ever I do realise and so does a lot of other members its time to move on, (don't move too quickly, you might leave a lot of us be-hind! Take time out and appreciate life as in "life" and sort the forum out when the time is allocated and expendable,

Thomas, I don't know if this is on purpose, but the Japan Photo Gallery image, on www.japanreference.com keeps appearing to me as a white square with the phrase "image hosted by japanreference.com". I don't think that this is normal...

Debs, that's a very good point: the new design will be easy on the eyes and also easier on my server, lol. There are a lot of fora out there that do not allow signatures, avatars or even smilies. While I understand their dogmatic approach to "content", it is also true that users have to be lured visually into visiting and signing up - it's a careful balance.

:)

Hello Thomas,
I love the Forum, but I find it hard to find the time to get on the computer. Just not enough hours in a day.
Regards,
Bill Nusz
http://www.geocities.com/nihon_takaiyama

That is very tempting, but I have two children still in college. And now I'm off to work. Have a great day!
Bill Nusz

New layout for the main page looks nice btw. I liked the old layout but this one looks even more "professional" for some reason. Nice job.
:)

Lol, I thought no one wold notice on a Friday night. I'm still experimenting, but you are right, appearing more "professional" was one of my aims.
;)

hi! i like the site, but i can't seem to edit...
i want to correct some romaji i wrote :eek:

Back
Top Bottom