What's new

Some feedback

7 Jun 2008
1. This forum seems well-moderated, and is frequented by interesting posters from various cultures around the world.

2. I wish more Japanese would post here. Not the administrator's fault, of course. Perhaps limited Japanese participation is due to the language barrier and Japanese reluctance to be seen making any mistakes.

3. There are too many forums and sub-forums, I think. There is such a thing as over-specialization; perhaps some of the sub-forums that receive little traffic might be closed.

Maybe it's only a sign of the onset of senile dementia, but occasionally I find my way into some sub-forum or sub-sub-forum, then cannot find that place again to follow the replies.

For what it's worth.

Maybe it's only a sign of the onset of senile dementia, but occasionally I find my way into some sub-forum or sub-sub-forum, then cannot find that place again to follow the replies.
For what it's worth.

If you don't already, try the new posts button on the toolbar at the top. That's how I keep up with the forum nowadays.

I noticed something wierd,sometimes when i click the button "New Posts" or while browsing the forum i see new replies to old threads but when i go to the thread i don't see new replies,only the last post witch i already read...!!
Does anyone notice that ?

It's because someone voted in a poll on that thread. If you look carefully you'll notice that all of those are poll threads. For some reason it bumps it to the top of new posts if someone votes even though no one posted.

1. This forum seems well-moderated, and is frequented by interesting posters from various cultures around the world.
Thank you very much for the feedback, it's always nice to get feedback about what the members think of the forum.

2. I wish more Japanese would post here. Not the administrator's fault, of course. Perhaps limited Japanese participation is due to the language barrier and Japanese reluctance to be seen making any mistakes.
It's indeed to bad that we don't have more Japanese posters on the forum, but the ones that are here are very good posters in my opinion!!! Do you have any ideas on how to get more Japanese to the forum?
3. There are too many forums and sub-forums, I think. There is such a thing as over-specialization; perhaps some of the sub-forums that receive little traffic might be closed.
For what it's worth.

You got a point in that, there are indeed a lot of sub-forums, and some of them are hardly used. But I think that it is easier to search certain topics in this way. We'll have a look into this.

Once again thank you for your feedback!!

RolandtheHeadless said:
Dutch Baka said:
Do you have any ideas on how to get more Japanese to the forum?
I think it's because this forum is about Japan & japanese culture,If it was about the English culture or American modern live there will be alot of visitors and posters from Japan (of course if the forum language is japanese )...for example,if i found a forum about Yemen in French language i won't be active member there since i know Yemen as my homeland...
This is one reason like i think.?

What I have been noticing is that while there seem to be hundreds of members who are studying Japanese, only a handful ever post in Japanese. If a Japanese native with limited English saw more posts made by non-Japanese members in Japanese (with mistakes and all), s/he would not feel too self-conscious about her/his English and post more, I wonder...

If enough hours went by and a Japanese newbie's or English speaker in Japanese self introduction post had no replies, fire up and make some obligatory social graces. :p

It isn't like it goes without saying that new people that care to join the forum are welcome. Want to inject some life into an old forum ? We should all take a minute or two to make them feel like someone is kind enough to help me out. :)

I got youtube code :
Code:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{param}"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{param}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CPanel > Forum codes : BBcode > insert new code,Then
Title : Youtube
BB Code Tag Name : Youtube
In replace box insert the code above...
Example : None
Image Button :
youtubergif-1.jpg
The image must be placed in file (editor) in forum files like this:
images/editor
Use {Option} : No

Done 👍

Back