What's new

Need help with Translation!

Jimi

先輩
5 Aug 2009
Konbanwa minna-san,
I am trying to translate this piece of text:

halpkpng-1.jpg

It shows up the first few seconds of every bleach episode after the teamsong and i was just wondering what it says! I figured out the Romaji, but the only thing is that i dont know how to group the Kana.
This is what i figured out:
Te re bi a ni me wo mi ru to ki ha, he ya wo a ka ru ku shi te chi ka zu ki su gi na i yo u ni shi te mi te ku
"Ni+dakuten O.O" sa i ne.

So i figured that Terebi and Anime are the first two words, the wo and ha are the subject and object markers and i think the he+ya Kanji thing means Room. Because of my really bad vocabulary i cant figure out the other words.
Help me please! :(

Last edited:
not "ni + dakuten" but "ta + dakuten" ;)

Kanji might be helpful when looking up in a dictionary.

テレビアニメを見[み]るときは、部屋[へや]を明[あか]るくして近[ちか]づき過[す]ぎないようにして見[み]て下[くだ]さいね。
Terebianime wo miru toki wa, heya wo akarukushite chikazukisuginai you ni shite mitekudasai ne.

not "ni + dakuten" but "ta + dakuten";-)

Kanji might be helpful when looking up in a dictionary.
Terebianime wo miru toki wa, heya wo akarukushite chikazukisuginai you ni shite mitekudasai ne.

OMG that was quite stupid of me to switch them..! i found out the meaning on internet (When i tried to google the words the whole sentence sowed up, someone on an other forum asked about it also) but i still cant find the meaning of the words itself.

Is there someone that can split the sentence and tell me about each part?

Doumo Arigatou!

テレビアニメ - televi(sion) anime
見る - see/watch
とき は - when [you] (とき means "time" but it is often used grammatically like this)
部屋 - room
明るくして - adverb form of 明るい, bright
近づき過ぎない - 近い combined with すぎる makes it mean "too 近い", 過ぎない < ないmeans all together this means "not too close"
よう に して - よう then に then して, te form of suru. this is grammatical thing, but it means "do the way of [not to close and bright room]
見て - て form of 見る
て下さい - means "please do [verb]"

So altogether it means "When you watch TV anime, please watch in a bright room, and not too close."

For the sake of your Japanese learning, please don't translate into romaji-ish :p Just learn to read things in kana form. You can tell where one word ends and another begins in a bunch of ways: one is the kanji, another is verb endings, etc. EDIT: and the most important way is particles of course.

Good job, Nostrum-san! 👍
Just few additions

明るくして; te-form of 明るくする
明るく(ku-form of the adjective 明るい) + する: to make something bright

近づき過ぎない; the negative form of 近づき過ぎる
近づき(pre-masu form of the verb 近づく) + the auxiliary verb 過ぎる: to come/go too near/close to~

When you watch TV anime, please watch with/after making your room bright and without going too close (to TV.)

quick translation

hey guys. i need a quick translation for my japanese is rusty. I would like to to know Kanji or Romanji translation for Mikimoto Chi. its a character i created and i have been to bizzy working alot these few months. thank you.

:sorry:🙂

Well, its a japanese name, so the name itsellf is also the Romaji i guess.. The Kanji is not something i can help you with :p

o

yah ino theirs a Romanji translation which i would have to take the time to translate it with my books. but if you know anyone who knows the old kanji translation let me know

oh mybad... i just flipped thru my kanji study book and i found i had already written the kanji translation....... my bad...lmao. thanx for the reply

Last edited:
There is usually not any one set of Kanji for names so really you could probably pick from a few different especially since you are the creator of the character. And I have no idea what you mean with "Romaji translation", the way you have it written is the Romaji.

Back
Top Bottom