Registered
25 Nov 2016
Hi everyone

Currently I live in London, UK

I really want to move and live in Japan

Can anyone help?

With studying, work and housing

Thanka

Welcome to the forum! We have a plethora of threads on the topic. I suggest you start reading through these first. If you have any specific questions, please post them to the appropriate subforum.

Help needed about moving to JAPAN. | Japan Forum
My future, and Japan... | Japan Forum
Living in a group home and want to immigrate to Japan | Japan Forum
I want to live in Japan with my spouse! | Japan Forum
Convincing my girlfriend to move to Japan | Japan Forum
Value of foreign degrees in Japan | Japan Forum
Certificate of Eligibility - Can someone please help? | Japan Forum
Working in Japan for a univ. dropout(!), possible? | Japan Forum
Hello!
wanting to go to japan | Japan Forum

And there's much more. Not all of these threads will apply to your situation (which you have not really described in detail), but it's a start.

Hi everyone

Currently I live in London, UK

I really want to move and live in Japan

Can anyone help?

With studying, work and housing

Thanka

Unlike many countries in the world, one may not simply up and move to Japan simply because they would like to live in Japan. That is true regardless of one's situation or circumstances.

You will need to qualify for a visa which allows you to participate in whatever activity it is you wish to do here. As things stand currently, if you wish permission to remain here permanently (and have no Japanese spouse) you will need to have been here for ten years under some other status of residence (some other visa category) before you can even apply for permission to remain permanently.

Cultural Activities Visa Questions | Japan Forum

APPLICATION FOR CHANGE OF STATUS OF RESIDENCE | Immigration Bureau of Japan Website

If you are a UK citizen, I believe you may qualify for a working holiday visa which may allow you get get a taste of living in Japan. You may also try the degree to English teacher route. For many jobs you will need full business level Japanese, you may have more time for serious study while not in Japan so I suggest working on that too.

We need an automated system which would require first time posters to come back, login, and hit "verify" a couple of days in a row before it makes the post public.

I get damned tired of typing up answers for people who don't even care enough about their own questions to come back and check for answers.

Quite frankly, anybody without the intelligence and motivation to find the information necessary for emigrating to Japan online probably also lacks the drive to actually do it anyway. I've never met a foreigner who ended up in Japan through gathering the information via asking questions online. Has anyone else? The people who are going to show up just quietly show up. The ones who have to ask end up not doing a damned thing with the information anyway, even if they do come back and read the answers.

You know, lots of people figured out how to get here before the internet existed....

We need an automated system which would require first time posters to come back, login, and hit "verify" a couple of days in a row before it makes the post public.
You know, lots of people figured out how to get here before the internet existed....

August, '84, which I think qualifies as pre-internet. I spent two years teaching at ICU, met my wife there (another teacher), and, still married, we're ironing out the happily ever after part. (or the "till death do us part" part, if you want to frame it that way)

Back
Top Bottom