What's new

NEED HELP (from Osaka International Airport to Tokyo)

xiaofeifei

後輩
8 Sep 2008
hi guys..

i am going to japan at the beginning of october.. i am so exited ^^ but i have problem on my first day arrival, haha..:p

My flight arrive in Osaka international airport at 18.50pm, and i have to go to Tokyo straight away.

The destination in Tokyo is NISHI-IKEBUKURO TOSHIMA-KU.

I am stress now, because i totally have no idea what should i do after i step my foot in osaka..

Help MEeeeeee.....

Please let me know step by step (for example: from osaka airport i have to take "what" bus to "what" place, then, bla bla..........)

Shinkansen or night bus will do..
do i need to make a reservation? reserved the seat? how to do it?

also, can i use JR Pass to travel from osaka international airport to tokyo (NISHI-IKEBUKURO TOSHIMA-KU)?
But i heard that the last shinkansen to Tokyo is 9pm, i am afraid i cannot make it..

Thank you

from Sydney, JETSTAR AIRLINE flies to Osaka (not Tokyo)

if i use another airlines and fly sydney to Tokyo, it costs me AU $700 more :(

for AU $700, i prefer to suffer a bit, hahaha..😊

Hi, go to www.hyperdia.com and you'll be able to plan a train route from OSAKA AIRPORT to IKEBUKURO

Note you can choose to avoid Shinkansens for a lower price but a much longer journey time.

taiko666 thank you so much for the link. it is very very useful ^^

But, is that mean i have to go from Kansai International Airport to Itami Osaka Airport?

or is there any nearest START POINT near Kansai International Airport?

Thanks

But, is that mean i have to go from Kansai International Airport to Itami Osaka Airport?

Thanks

Hi, sorry yes, I didn't realise you flying into Kansai.

Just choose KANSAI AIRPORT as your starting point.

Hi, sorry yes, I didn't realise you flying into Kansai.
Just choose KANSAI AIRPORT as your starting point.

thank you .. GOT IT 📣

ah, also.. i am going to get JR Pass, please let me know whether i can use the JR Pass in the following trip from Kansai Airport to Ikebukuro:

LTD.EXP HARUKA 54
SHINKANSEN NOZOMI 54
JR Yamanote Line(Outer loop)
JR Yamanote Line(Outer loop)

Do you think i need to reserved the seat for HARUKA 54 and NOZOMI 54? (the day is Friday)

to reserved seat, i go to JP CYBER STATION Website, but all in Japanese, i dont understand at all :(

to reserved seat, do i need to pay in advance (like.. credit card through their website)
or i can make a call?

Thanks

Thanks

Which airport are you arriving at? Osaka International or Kansai International? :?

OK, I was a bit confused because in the OP you said it was Osaka Int. Anyway, last year, the company I work for had a visitor from overseas and he also landed at KANSAI Int. Airport. I did a little research and wrote out a step-by-step instruction for him. I thought you might find it useful.

*I have added the last part where you go from TOKYO STATION to IKEBUKURO.

---------------------------------------------------

Here is what you need to do once you arrive at KANSAI. The international arrival terminal is located on the first floor of the building. You need to take the escalater/elevator up to the second floor. You exit the building, and across the street, you will see a train station. There are 2 railway companies serving this station, and the one you want is called JR (Japan Railway). Once you get to the station, look to your left, and you should see a green booth which is the ticket counter. Ask for a combination ticket for the express HARUKA to SHIN-OSAKA station AND SHINAKANSEN to TOKYO. Below, I will try to take you through the trip step by step.

ARRIVAL at KANSAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
On the first floor, there is a International Tourist Information Center, so stop by and ask for directions to the train station, etc. Go up to the 2nd floor, exit the building, and across the street to the train station.

TRAIN STATION at KANSAI AIRPORT to SHIN-OSAKA STATION
Go to the JR ticket booth. Buy a ticket for the express train named HARUKA to SHIN-OSAKA & a ticket for a connecting super express SHINKANSEN to TOKYO TOGETHER at the booth. By buying the tickets for the two trains together, not only you will not have to worry about the Shinkansen ticket when you get to SHIN-OSAKA station, you get some discount on the HARUKA ticket. You board the express HARUKA. The trip takes about 45 to 50 minutes.

SHIN-OSAKA STATION to TOKYO STATION
You follow the signs / ask the station staff to the SHINKANSEN platform.
Make sure you board the train headed to TOKYO. There are up to 8 SHINKANSENs per hour, so you don't have to worry about missing the train. The last SHINKANSEN leaving SHIN-OSAKA STATION is at 9:20 pm. You should be able to make it. If you take the last one, you will arrive in TOKYO at 11:45pm.

TOKYO STATION to IKEBUKURO STATION
You get on the MARUNOUCHI metro line. The last train leaves here at 12:24am. IKEBUKURO is the 8th stop. The trip is less than 20 min.

----------------------------------------------

SHINKANSEN NOZOMI 54

JR Pass does not cover the NOZUMI, so your only option would be to take the Haruka 50 at the airport on 19:18, then change trains for Hikari 434 at Shin-Osaka St. on 20:33.

I only used the Kansai Airport once before. Maybe I am wrong, but nobody knows if you can go through the immigration and baggage claim, etc, then dash to the station for taking the Haruka within 30 minutes. if you are not U. Bolt.
And you need to authetificate your JR pass at the station (I don't know how long it takes to do it, though).

ashikaga, pipokun .... thank you thank you so much for the information provided

they are very useful.. i am not stress anymore 😌

awesome 😄

Back
Top Bottom