What's new

Help Natural toddler snacks

LED

Registered
6 May 2017
We're off to Japan this week with my three year old daugther and wondered what snacks you'd suggest we buy for her that would be available in local convenience stores and are nice but with low or no salt/sugar/preservatives/e-numbers? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Yogurt. Maybe some fruit if the particular store happens to have any. Convenience stores aren't generally known for their health food sections.

What is an "e-number"?

Various senbei (rice crackers). Do a search online to see whether they meet your nutritional demands. Some are crackers, others puffed rice sticks, etc. perhaps even chocolate centered or strawberry centered koala shaped cookies? Certain Pocky? What does your child eat now?

Various senbei (rice crackers). Do a search online to see whether they meet your nutritional demands. Some are crackers, others puffed rice sticks, etc. perhaps even chocolate centered or strawberry centered koala shaped cookies? Certain Pocky? What does your child eat now?
Thanks everyone - there are a couple of kids snack brands in UK with no salt/sugar for kids (Ella's kitchen/organix) so she tends to munch on those alongside chopped up fruit etc. when we're out and about. Thanks for the suggestions everyone - I'll definitely try those out when we're there.

Nutrition (and allergen) information is generally available on packaged foods in Japan these days. You might want to consider learning a few key things so you can check the packages yourself and be sure they meet with your approval before giving them to your child.
IMG_1080.JPG

We're off to Japan this week with my three year old daugther and wondered what snacks you'd suggest we buy for her that would be available in local convenience stores and are nice but with low or no salt/sugar/preservatives/e-numbers? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Sweet chestnuts are a common and inexpensive snack that you'll see in supermarkets and convenience stores. The Japanese word is kuri. Enjoy your trip!

Back
Top Bottom